With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

Postby sparcdr » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:06 pm

You'd want to merge in the compiled binary with the generic game package available here on the website. Just unpack the zip and you'll see what you want to replace.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:05 pm

Yep, sparcdr is right, don't run smokinguns.x86_64 from your ioquake3 folder. Put it in the folder where you have the smokinguns folder... Remember also the baseq3/pak0.pk3 is different so you'll break your ioquake3 folder if you copy it.
Smokin'Guns is now a standalone game, don't forget that ;)
Btw, if it's still doesn't work, give us your strace please.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Brainslug » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Ay Caramba! NOW I get it!

DL'd the zip file, extracted it, set COPYDIR to THIS directory instead of the ioquake3, called "make copyfiles" from the svn checkout dir and HOORAY, everything is up and running!
I still thought SG would depend on the ioquake3 installation... Damn you, stupidity!

Thanks alot, guys! May death come quickly to your enemies.... :wink:
Brainslug
Newcomer

Postby sparcdr » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Brainslug: nope, that was our goal with the 1.0 release, though we put out two that required quake3 it's no more necessary because of community members voicing the problem. Tequila did the bulk of the backporting, as we are not using a vanilla ioquake3 codebase. The OSX version still uses regular ioquake3 though since it works well enough and we don't have the time to fix the script build bugs for it unfortunately. Anyways, enjoy.
sparcdr
SG Team

comiling

Postby gnaag » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:35 am

Hi, I have been able to compile branch version of SG on Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64 (nvidia go 6100 - 180.22, AMD Sempron, ). It went ok, just with small problems. As far as my keyboard is not defaultly set to english, I am using keys shift+(numbers) to change the weapon. In this version, it is somehow disabled. The same when I am about to type ` to bring up the console.

The another, possibly bug is during buy menu. While the buy menu is supposed to be closed by right click, when I have some weapon that can be fired with right click, it closes the menu but also it fires. It can be very unpleasant to shoot the teammate during every buying.

The trunk version I was not able to compile on the same machine. The terminal wrotes down:

cons: don't know how to construct "/home/gnaag/Programs/sg/trunk/build/release-x86-Linux-2.8/cgame/cgame/cg_wq_utils.c"
gnaag
Newcomer

Postby sparcdr » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:16 am

cgame/cg_wq_utils.c is now cgame/cg_sg_utils.c
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:15 am

Unix building is now fixed since rev149. Thanks to remind me :P

About 1.1 Branches problems you're pointing, I will take a look on them as soon as I can. About the console key binding, it is somewhat different than legacy code, and you can use the '~' char key to open it. I don't remember exactly as there's so many improvements but I think you can use a cvar to specify which key to use for the console (or that was a dream :P )...
Tequila
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:44 pm

bind ` "toggleconsole"

Shift+Esc should work asewell.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby gnaag » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Ok, so I gave trunk another chance, but I stall cannot build the source. The same machine, same OS and this error in terminal

/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:7:27: error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory
cons: *** [/home/gnaag/Programs/sg/trunk/build/release-x86-Linux-2.8/core/client/game/q_shared.o] Error 1
cons: errors constructing /home/gnaag/Programs/sg/trunk/build/release-x86-Linux-2.8/core/client/game/q_shared.o
make: *** [all] Chyba 2
gnaag
Newcomer

Postby Tequila » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:04 pm

Okay, the trunk (the code not based on ioQ3 sources) is only building in 32bits. If you are on a 64 bits system, you'll have to install the glibc-devel for i386 or i686. You can also have to install few other development packages for 32 bits compatibility.

Continue to report what is not working for you ;)

Good luck
Tequila
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:25 pm

According to the news;
Tequila wrote:I committed the ui mod sources merged with ioQ3 & cgame is merged at 50%

Please leave a note when you've fully merged the qvm stuff :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby daaliya » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 am

Is VoIP a real business solution or just hype? VoIPs been around for over a decade, but i can't much evidence that SMBs are turning off their traditional phone services and using VoIP services exclusively.
Last edited by daaliya on Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daaliya
Newcomer

Postby sparcdr » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Same for me, a notification so I can start reworking Windows build files back in.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:14 pm

daaliya wrote:Is VoIP a real business solution or just hype? VoIPs been around for over a decade, but i can't much evidence that SMBs are turning off their traditional phone services and using VoIP services exclusively.

Sorry I'm not completely sure to understand your question, but you should know the VoIP solution in IoQ3 engine is providing integrated VoIP in a game orientation. Here you won't have a telephone number or what else similar, you'll have to play on an online server based on ioQ3 engine. The server will decide to or not to forward to you a voice from a lot of parameter. The first is if you want or not want to receive others voices. You should be able also to not receive voices from insulting people for example. The advantage of the integrated VoIP is to handle some event to automatically activate voice forwarding. For example, we can activate the send of your voice to the cow-boy you just killed ;)

Anyone interested should read the voip-readme.txt from ioQ3 source in our SourceForge SVN.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:41 am

Hi all,

and then yes I finished this evening the ioQ3 backport (release 173). I still fixed few bugs I quickly noticed. I'm pretty sure I made too much cut in the code. And I think the bot AI code may have been broken in some way.

I'm still not sure if we will have some backward compatibility with the current engine. We now need to test every thing we can.

On linux, I can compile everything. Please report your own tries on other platform.

8)
Tequila
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel