With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

UI TODO

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi !
Here a little TODO list for the UI :

-> add a vote for macycle, so people won't have to type /callvote mapcycle in the console

-> in the graphic section, add support for farclipping (just like in the discussion with Téquila here)

-> eventually add an entry for Level Of Detail, but for instance nobody is using it (so that can be done later)

-> in the controle submenu, it would be nice if we got a key for switching to akimbo pistols, for instance we have to use the "weapon 2" key three time. I use the Pardner's trick for this purpose(editing the q3 config to assign a key to "weapon 2; weapon 2; weapon 2") but many newcomers just don't want to deal with config files (and are not aware of the fact they can virtually assign a key to akimbo pistols).

And finally, it could be fine to have an entry to turn on my new shotgun's pattern, and my new money system (that are one year old but have never been tested -_-' ), they can be enabled by
g_newShotgunPattern 1
g_moneyRespawn 1

I'm sure most of people have forgotten this 2 features...

EDIT:
Another good idea should be to automatically open the "Join" menu at the starting of a game that need to join (RTP/BR/TDM/Duel), many newcomer just leave when the game switch to this kind of gametype (after a vote for exemple), because they just don't know how to join.
Last edited by Joe Kari on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:41 pm

What about in-game mumble/voip support? This needs some sort of ui as well.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby mLy! » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:14 am

Not sure if this is 'UI', but can you please unlock the colour black for nicknames?

It is prolly an easy thing to do since it is unlocked in every q3 engine game MOD.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel