With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Allied wrote:Can someone point out to me how to get a SG copy running off unpacked PK3's?

I think all you need is sv_pure 0
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Allied » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:07 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
Allied wrote:Can someone point out to me how to get a SG copy running off unpacked PK3's?

I think all you need is sv_pure 0

Thanks Red! But actually what I meant was getting SG to run and use unpacked PK3's so I can just edit the files directly, run a singleplayer and test the crosshair. Saves repacking the PK3, that kind of idea?
Allied
Quick Draw

Postby Lucky Bro » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 pm

Create a separate pk3 for your crosshair.
Put it at the same place as in main pk.
Name your new pk3 as sg_pak1.pk3 (so that the name will be after the main one). Set it to zero compression to not re-compress the file each time.
I think that is the fastest possible way to do to test your crosshairs.
I don't know a way when you may put a crosshair outside a package.

Would like to see your crosshairs, btw.
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby Allied » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Ok, thanks. That makes it a lot quicker. I was hoping there was a way to extract all the data files and make it use the extracted files directly.

Right now I've made 4 crosshairs, first two don't work that well in game as I made them before I had figured out which crosshair file to replace :). I like the fourth one best and would really enjoy using something like it.

Note that I use crosshair size 10-15 usually.

Crosshairs ZIP (1KB)
Allied
Quick Draw

Postby /dev/random » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:13 pm

With "sv_pure 0", the engine should do excatly what you want: use files which are inside the engine's paths but not in pk3s. It will use those in addition to the files inside the pk3s, so you only need to extract/create the new files you want to test.

That's what ReD mentioned before ;)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Allied » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 pm

/dev/random wrote:With "sv_pure 0", the engine should do excatly what you want: use files which are inside the engine's paths but not in pk3s. It will use those in addition to the files inside the pk3s, so you only need to extract/create the new files you want to test.

That's what ReD mentioned before ;)

I get it now, thanks for the clarification :). I thought that would merely enable running an impure server and connecting to it with modified pak's.
Allied
Quick Draw

Previous

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel