It adds three commands called 'spread', 'damage' and 'range'. You can use them in three ways:
- <command> - show values for all weapons.
- <command> <weaponNumber> - show value for a single weapon.
- <command> <weaponNumber> <newValue> - set value for a weapon.
The weapon numbers are listed when you type just the command with no arguments.
To see the distance and the damage done when you hit something, you can uncomment some of Spoon's old debug code:
- Code: Select all
--- game/g_weapon.c (revision 295)
+++ game/g_weapon.c (working copy)
@@ -406,8 +406,8 @@
damage -= (1/sqrt(bg_weaponlist[weapon].range/distance))*2;
- //G_Printf("distance:%f, damage: %f org. damage: %f\n", distance, damage,
- // bg_weaponlist[weapon].damage);
+ G_Printf("distance: %.1f, damage: %.1f of %.1f\n", distance, damage,
return damage > 0 ? damage : 0 ;
The patch doesn't save the settings. Shouldn't be too hard to just add a read-only cvar for each command to store the values. That would also be a simple way to transfer the settings to the clients. The patch currently only affects the server code, but most things will still work as expected.
If there are any questions, I'll be here for a few hours, but then I'll be away for the weekend.