With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

Postby Tequila » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:40 am

Okay Sucalakafufu, output is correct.
If you don't want to put all the console here you still can put a link to a collaborating tool like Pastebin.

About the shown order of the loaded PK3, first ones are the one which may override the last ones content. As you can see sg_pak1.pk3 is shown before sg_pak0.pk3 and you're precisely loading the QVM from sg_pak1.pk3.

About sg_developer.pk3, there are only 2 files in it. This 2 files are completely new and then can't be overrided. Btw, here is a picture showing weapon debug if sg_developer.pk3 is missing... As you can see, default shader and texture are taken:
[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/1560_shot0010resized_1.jpg][timg]1560_shot0010resized_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]

Then, just to be sure, are you really trying locally ? I mean in single player mode. You can't use it online as g_debugWeapon is a server cvar and public servers don't want to use it as this can be a cheating stuff showing where was a player.

Then does anyone else not able to use g_debugWeapon with beta v1.1b1 ? Pardner ? I know you wanted to try.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:39 pm

I used it and it worked fine. For the life of me I cannot remember what binaries I am running. I got them from sparcdr's site on ‎Saturday, ‎October ‎17, ‎2009, ‏‎9:01:17 PM.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:35 am

@Tequila: for some reason its now working!!! :D
im not sure what i did different but i can debug the weapons now :roll:
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Biondo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:08 am

I know that this topic is a little bit old, but...

As Sucalakafufu, I also couldn't find g_debugWeapon cvar in console, until I realized that I had to start the game first (of course in SinglePlayer mode).

I was interested in watching some recorded demos with traces ON, in the hope to learn something more about my mistakes in game.
But, from what I can see, no trace is shown in demos. Tequila, is there a way to get them visible in demos too?
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Previous

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel