With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

HELP needed

Postby Trixter » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Can anyone tell me how to install SG Source and where?

Plz help
Trixter
Newcomer

Postby sparcdr » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:39 am

Download TortoiseSVN or Subversion and checkout a copy of our code from SourceForge develop page.

I have provided readme files for each platform here for people to read about dependencies to build binaries.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Trixter » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:57 pm

sparcdr wrote:Download TortoiseSVN or Subversion and checkout a copy of our code from SourceForge develop page.

I have provided readme files for each platform here for people to read about dependencies to build binaries.

Ok thx. Is the source going to be released and i could download the exe. or...?
Trixter
Newcomer

Postby /dev/random » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Do you really want to have the game's source code or do you simply want to install the game for Windows?

Like sparcdr said, the game's source code can be found at the SourceForge SVN, thus you need a SVN client (you could download it as a tarball as well).
Please note that there are two versions, the 'old' 1.0 code and the new ioQuake based code labeled 1.1.

The game's installation files can be found here.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby sparcdr » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Fresh binaries are built by myself (manually) every few revisions and are made available here to the public. There is no special internal code, and what you see on SourceForge is what I used to generate the latest binaries. The 1.0 engine corresponds to early 2008 work, while anything in mid 2008 to now is in the 1.1 branch, which is accessible directly here.

You'd want to feed the SVN client the correct URL to the branch you want to checkout to checkout the corresponding latest revision. Alternatively, you can pass -rXXX (Integer) for a specific revision as a command-line parameter (If you're using CLI Subversion) or with TortoiseSVN click on the 'HEAD' button and type the revision there.

All changes are logged and accessible in the 'Show Log' right-click contextual menu inside the repo browser with TortoiseSVN, on SourceForge Web Repo view, or the log argument to Subversion CLI.

If you are using my binaries, they are all at the moment of posting based on the 1.1 branch, using a new set of QVMs due to feature changes. You will need to need to download sg_pak1.pk3 if you expect to have correct behavior with post-1.0 binaries in-game. Simply place this file alongside your other pk3 files in the 'Smokin' Guns' installation folder inside the 'smokinguns' sub-folder (you'll see sg_pak0.pk3 and friends in there also)
sparcdr
SG Team

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel