With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

Compile problem on linux

Postby Freelander » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi, I'm trying to compile the developement version 1.1 on linux (tried on ubuntu and debian) but getting the following error.

Code: Select all
code/sys/sys_main.c:57:36: error: ../../build/sdk_diff.h: No such file or directory

Any help is appreciated!
Freelander
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:10 am

8O Sorry for the delay I'm really busy these days !
Only one error is not sufficient ;)
You should give the complete log of your build, at least using http://pastebin.org tool. Btw for me this tell me you're maybe missing some tools like perl on your computer...

So first, check if you have perl installed on your computer, then provide us the full lof of the compilation, then I'll help you definitively.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Freelander » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've checked and Perl is installed. Here's complete output as you suggested http://pastebin.org/162968

Thanks in advance! :)
Freelander
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 am

Hum,

I suppose you did a SVN export and not a SVN checkout. Can you try to build using following command ?
make BUILD_SDK_DIFF=0

SDK Diff is a tool for modders. If you planned to work on code modifications, you should better use SVN checkout and just using "make" should work.

Btw I'm interested to understand why you got this error. On my side, when I'm just exporting the svn, I don't have such an error. Did you modified something in the sources ? even in one of Makefile, Makefile.local or Makefile.smokinguns files ? If yes, can you tell me what ? If no, I'll ask you to start few command on your system 'cause maybe I need to fix one script portability.

8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Freelander » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 am

I actually downloaded the source directly from sourceforge page but now I've downloaded it using TortoiseSVN on my windows machine with svncheckout and uploaded it on debian. Tried to complie with "make" but got exactly the same error.

Then I tried "make BUILD_SDK_DIFF=0". It's interrupted now with this error -> http://pastebin.org/164664

Thanks!
Freelander
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Okay, this time you have 2 errors:
1. And svn error saying your Debian client is older than TortoiseSVN version. This is not critical, but if your server has access to internet you should better checkout the repository directly from the server with the following command:
svn checkout https://smokinguns.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/smokinguns/branches/1.1

So you'll be able to just "svn update" from the 1.1 folder later to keep to version up to date.

2. You have a compilation error, and for me it means you didn't installed the SDL-devel package. I think you need to launch "apt-get install libsdl-dev" under a debian system, but I'm not sure as I don't have your computer under my hands
;)

Hope this will help
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Freelander » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:22 pm

I did exactly as you suggested, typed just "make" and compiled without any problem!!! :D

Thanks so much for your help!

Just one last noob question: I want to run this on my server. Should I just replace the smokinguns_dedicated.i386 with this newly built file or do I need to do anything else?

Thanks again!
Freelander
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Freelander wrote:I did exactly as you suggested, typed just "make" and compiled without any problem!!! :D

Thanks so much for your help!

Just one last noob question: I want to run this on my server. Should I just replace the smokinguns_dedicated.i386 with this newly built file or do I need to do anything else?

Thanks again!

Great!

About the binary, you may just want to launch your fresh binary in place of smokinguns_dedicated.i386 keeping the same parameters. The best way is to copy the new binary in your installation folder, then keep binary to launch and its parameters in a simple script you just have to start.

How do you start actually the binary ?
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Freelander » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:34 pm

I'll replace the binary in the setup folder. To start the server, I use something like the following in a screen session if I this is what you're asking.

./smokinguns_dedicated.i386 +set sv_pure 1 +set net_port 28960 +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate
Freelander
Drifter

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel