With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

qagame.mp.i386.so package needed

Postby Rct. Tsoul » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:23 pm

I need the qagame.mp.i386.so package so that I may run more than 5 game servers on one box, VM uses too much system resources and does not work well running multiple servers, VM is great for client side and makes crossplatform easyier, but this will make it run so much more efficiently thus running 100's of servers on 1 box, this really helps when your server is being run by a gaming host.
Rct. Tsoul
Pistolero

Postby /dev/random » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Talking about efficiency, you should compile it on your own, using proper CFLAGS including march=native. So you need to do this on the target machine.

However be aware that certain NULL pointer bugs can crash shared libs whereas qvms are basically immune.

If you're really low on memory, I doubt that shared libs verus qvms will help. You should disable bots first and choose proper maps as well as a sane value for maximum clients.

Apart from that, the server has little to do in general, so I doubt you'll see a huge performance boost either way.
If qvms do not work with multiple server instances, they are simply setup wrong.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Rct. Tsoul » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:54 am

I dont even know what you are talking about, I wish I was a programer but I am not, I just need them done to run on the basic Linux box as most other mods release them for server side only perposes.
Rct. Tsoul
Pistolero

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel