With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

No idea for a map, what do you wish?

Postby Bart202 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello Sg-Community.

The school-year is over, so now i have time to make a new map, my first one.
The gametype should be br, what do you miss in maps till now?
What does a map need in your opinion that it is good?
Which _ambient does it need?
I have a small idea, but not to much, tell me your opinion.
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:33 am

Probably a good idea to watch some western movies. Maybe a particular scene will inspire you. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby WilliamHBonney » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 am

I have a great idea for a map i think. It would be a BR map. And i its based off of the Lincoln County War.
Here is a map i made. If i knew how to map i would make it for sure. The Outlaw team would start and be held up in the Mcsween house. And the money would be in the house. The outlaws would have to try and get it. I think it would be cool. And something different. Let me know if you like the idea. Just tryin to help out as much as i can.

WilliamHBonney
Drifter

Postby Bodie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 am

Escape from a mexican prison. Start in cell blocks, grab a bag and maybe guns on your way out and jump the walls dawnfort-style.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

:))

Postby Bart202 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am

Hi, thank you for your ideas.

William, i think your map is a little bit small, that's not playable with many players. And which style did you think? Describe it a little bit please :)
Or make a bigger, exactly plan. :)

Rane, your sentence gave me a good imagination, i will watch what i can do of it. :)
I have to google, how prisons watched. Very hard to get stuff of western-things.
You mean s.th like that?:

[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/8792_Western_Prison_5jpg1b81664ec7254d0a9df3dd0a99a76849Large_1_1.jpg][timg]8792_Western_Prison_5jpg1b81664ec7254d0a9df3dd0a99a76849Large_1_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]

or s.th. like that?:Image

but i guess like that? And there in are cells where the players start? And how you thought, they should rob the bank first and then they should erupt? You think all should be in the prison? Or they start in a prison, and then they have to rob the bank outside(can be a prison bank also) and then should erupt?
Here the picture:Image

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby WilliamHBonney » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:15 am

You can make it as big as you want man. But the idea i had for the map is:
There is one goal for each side. Lawmen: take the house at all cost. Outlaws: defend the house no matter what.

Its more like an assault/defend type of map. Instead of a run around and kill each other.

Protecting the house gives you sort of a type of feeling that your fighting for more than a kill or death ratio.

In the fort maps, its kind of like an arena inside a fort where you just kill each other.

I see it as being as big as the other town maps. this one would just be one street. Long ways.

Inside of the lawmen houses could be more money so they can have better weapons. Since the outlaws get the advantage cover of being in a two story house.

If you put money aka "the bank" in the house then that would give the lawmen motivation to fight for the house.

It would be complete and udder chaos being in that house with bullets flying in. Windows breaking. Trying to get a shot out at the lawmen without getting your head blown off. I think its worth a try. We can test it out. And if people dont like it. sorry haha.

another picture.
WilliamHBonney
Drifter

?!?

Postby Bart202 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:29 am

But won't that be like cobber, and that makes more camping, doesn't it?
And its to hard to rob or fight in the house, the whole team will stay at this house. The idea isn't bad, i will think about what we can change in it to make it a little bit fairer for the attackers.
Let me a little bit of time. :)
Thank you for your idea, you can make an offer also what you want to change or not. :)

Bart202
Gunslinger

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel