With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: Tequila, sparcdr, torhu

Minor things

Postby MsH » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Just wondering how time consuming is to increase score by melee kill from 1 to 2?
And is there possibilities to make kill assist scoring?
User avatar
MsH
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:44 pm



Re: Minor things

Postby TheDoctor » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:08 pm

MsH wrote:Just wondering how time consuming is to increase score by melee kill from 1 to 2?

Do you mean the following: if you kill someone with a knife without throwing it, you get 2 kills (kill points) instead of one? Probably it's a one-liner. Is there consensus, that this is a good change?

Kill assists: it's a bit more difficult. What do you expect from a "kill assist" functionality aside from showing, that someone helped to kill enemy players?
Image
User avatar
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am



Re: Minor things

Postby MsH » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:13 pm

TheDoctor wrote:Do you mean the following: if you kill someone with a knife without throwing it, you get 2 kills (kill points) instead of one?


Yes.

TheDoctor wrote:What do you expect from a "kill assist" functionality aside from showing, that someone helped to kill enemy players?


Your kills are actually showed as a score on scoreboard, so if there is a change to get score from assists too it I think might add some more competitive changes.

Just noticed that if an assist gives to you 1 score, then a kill should give 2 and therefore melee 3 score.

Right now robbing gives you 2 score, that's why I'm thinking there could be more things that gives you score besides killing.
User avatar
MsH
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:44 pm




Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel