With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Thanks Leeth! Not sure why IE isn't working for me, but I just got FF, and it works! :D :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby L3th4l » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Sweet :D . There is nothing wrong with your IE, it's just the way MS designed it. Why? who the hell knows.. :?
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Hideous » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:00 pm

So wait, if .ase are prefabs, do they already have their own collission? Because I covered that wagon with weapclip brushes.
Hideous
Drifter

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:53 pm

I don't think any of the ones included in the mapping tools pack have their own clip.
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 am

I just down loaded Blood Desert and gave it a quick run down. Looks like a really fun map. I noticed three things:
  1. Image
    Missing a texture there. I'm actually glad to see that.... im guessing its textured with "caulk" which is a relief to see.
  2. Image
    I walked behind the fence there and I feel down in between the rocks and the wagon and I cannot move :(
  3. I tried it our briefly with some bots and I spawned and instanly was being shot at. I think this would be hard if it was real players because there isnt much cover to buy wepons. I would want to spawn, run for cover, and then buy wepons only to find I had been shot and was low on health. Maybe had some tunnels or more cover to hid behind.

Looks like a really fun map!! Great job :D it hasnt been 2 weeks and there is already a fan map YEEEEHAAAA!!

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Hideous » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:59 am

Actually, that missing texture seems completely random. It's different every compile.

I do have caulk on the outside of my skybox, however.

Feel free to include the map with any coming versions of SG :lol:
Hideous
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:05 am

Hideous wrote:Actually, that missing texture seems completely random. It's different every compile.

o_O thats weird! Is that ladder off the grid? I really dont like using the "rotate" function (hotkey "r") to make angled object. Highlight the that part of the ladder and press "v" to show the vertices. Make sure that all the vertices land on the grid. You can change the grid size by pressing "1" but make sure that all the vertices are on it.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Hideous » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I rarely/never use rotate either, just with simpler objects like that ladder, where it's easier to just first extend it then rotate it into place.
Hideous
Drifter

Previous

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel