With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:49 am

I have found a new one, named NetRadiant, a stabilized Radiant 1.5 (come with the game "Nexuiz")... I found only one bug in this program and tell it to the author, if he can correct this, I'm planing to promote it ;)
There are some additionnal feature that does it well (for example, you can choose to lock texture coordinate or not, while moving brushes).
Its main advantage is that it works under Linux (I never found a working 1.4 under linux). I have noticed that many new player use this OS.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:08 am

Ok, several of the dev team pulled together & recoded/compiled a new version of q3map2 that works fine without all of hassles. We are also restructuring the map_tools package & adding some things so that there will be less editing/moving/deleting of files. Everyone can expect the new package in about 24 hours from this post. :)

I'll probably delete this thread once it's up.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:53 am

Great! I hope to update and finish the tutorial tomorrow night. I will get it from FilePlanet and test it out and modify the tutorial accordingly.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Hideous » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:11 pm

It would be preferable if you could move your files off of FilePlanet, simply because they're really annoying to get files from.
Hideous
Drifter

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Hideous wrote:It would be preferable if you could move your files off of FilePlanet, simply because they're really annoying to get files from.

We are hosted by/part of the Planet Network so our files have to be hosted there :wink:
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Ok, several of the dev team pulled together & recoded/compiled a new version of q3map2 that works fine without all of hassles.

Really ?
Have you work on the old one ? Or adapt a newer version ?
I was talking of NetRadiant above, there is a q3map2 that come with it that have some Urban Terror stuff inside, one is particularly interesting: floodlight. Better than minlight and ambiant, floodlight add a non-constant light, depending on the space around the surface. If you tell me that you have adapted this q3map2 version for SG, I will be very happy, since I dream of using floodlight every night :D
You can see what does floodlight on this page:
http://www.icculus.org/netradiant/#Addi ... p%20editor
(look at the soft shade and note that there is NO light entity, nothing cast shadow, it's just that the ambient light is dim on surfaces if there isn't enough space around).
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Our q3map is based off Spoons version and that is based of ydnar's version. We have the q3map2 source (obviously) if you want to have a look see at it :wink:
Last edited by L3th4l on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Sorry for the delay. The new mapping tools package & q3map2 source will be uploaded today.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel