With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Postby Pardner » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 pm

I think sparcdr is correct. I get the same problem when I compile too. What I do to fix this is compile the ass with a separate compile script. Its seems to fix it. It may be a combination of a memory leak, with a faulty map file, and who knows what. It only happens when I try to compile NNC. If I compile any of the old maps I dont get the error.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby MachoBastard » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:56 pm

ive always compiled my AAS file with a separated script,tried out changing the name from F:/Smokin' Guns to F:/Smokin Guns, still it crashes... :(

heres my compile script

"F:\GtkRadiant-1.4\bspc.exe" -optimize -forcesidesvisible -bsp2aas "F:\Smokin Guns\smokinguns\maps\dm_agualeon.bsp"
pause

hope you can help me or ill have to drop this map too..lol :)
MachoBastard
SG Contributor

Postby sparcdr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 am

Don't glare at me if I sound stupid since I don't map, but as I remember there's a limitation of the format for shapes, which have to be either convex or concave, not both. Is this fault possibly related to such a limitation?
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:36 am

everything has limitations. Macho, you might beable to fix this problem by adding more bot_clip and reducing the areas that the bspc has to calculate. Remember to make solid bot_clip brushes covering everywhere that you dont want bots to go, and where they cant possibly go.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby MachoBastard » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:40 am

yea..seems to be fixed when massively botclipped, thanks pard, now..is there any entity or any tip u can give me to avoid bots to get stuck with doors?..happens often, they open it and then just walk agains it...lol :D
MachoBastard
SG Contributor

Postby Pardner » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

how so? if they are getting stuck on the door frame just add more bot_clip so that all they see is a hole in the bot clip. if they are getting stuck on the actual door, try making the door open ion the other direction: if the door opens in a clockwise direction, make it open in the counter-clockwise direction. I had to do this on Noanmecity with the church back door, the bots would open the door then turn right to run down the street... they would just keep running into the door.

also, you may be able to get them to be smart by adding the ai nodes.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby MachoBastard » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:55 am

Hi again, here's some old project i fixed, thot id drop it :D

So here it is:

Ruined Church Of San Ignacio
San ignacio - dm_rchurch.jpg
Download DM_SanIgnacio.rar

had some problems tryin out with the hint brushes and all that stuff..couldnt make it work properly even after reading all the tutorials..

but seems it works just fine like its now.. :D
MachoBastard
SG Contributor

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 am

Thanks for including the .map file. Easier to just compile that than to fiddle with making a working pk3. You say this is an older project? Ok good. I was about to give you some grief for repeating many of the same mistakes as last time. :P I'll have to cut you some slack. Anyway, you certainly have an imagination. It'll be nice to see a project that puts all of your experience into something more refined someday. Keep going! 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby MachoBastard » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:35 am

Some other oldie project i thot id drop, ill be uploadin some of the beta maps i made for now, i kinda don't like to just drop all those test maps, so i just sort of fix em :)

Sawmill Of Agualeon:
Agualeon SS - dm_agualeon.jpg

Download DM_AguaLeon.rar

and about the last mistakes i made..i really dont think ive improved that, cant make all the portal/hint stuff to work..lol..neither the tex blending and terrain stuff.. :D last time i tried terrain the textures didnt show up, i just saw white-framed-gray-squares.. :(
MachoBastard
SG Contributor

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:55 am

MachoBastard wrote:last time i tried terrain the textures didnt show up, i just saw white-framed-gray-squares.

Probably an incorrect path in your shader.
Sorry I haven't had time to look at this latest project from you. I hope to find time tomorrow evening. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:17 am

I like this one the best so far. In fact, I think it might be good enough to release if you wanted to spend a little more effort on it. If I can find time, I'd be happy to help with some of the things that should really be fixed. I like it. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby MachoBastard » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Heres the last proyect im workin' on...

Fort El Triunfo:

Pic03 - shot0085.jpg

Pic02 - shot0084.jpg

Pic01 - shot0087.jpg

btw,red, i really could use your help & experience with fps optimizing, hint brushes and stuff..since the map its quite big..probably for 10~15 players :)
MachoBastard
SG Contributor

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:12 am

MachoBastard wrote:red, i really could use your help & experience with fps optimizing, hint brushes and stuff..since the map its quite big.

I'll try to help if I can. Unfortunately, it's best to understand how optimization works before you begin a level so that you have a "hint friendly" layout to work with right from the start. Trying to fix it later is a real pain sometimes. But all new mappers go through this & so did I. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby MachoBastard » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:28 pm

actually i had in mind some reference map... :D
ive some lil' doubts.. like..what diference is there if i "caulk" the non visible brush sides or "nodraw" em?.. will caulked brush sides proyect any shadow?...or any light leak?.... :?

btw im really interested in the train map, ive some ideas in mind..if i only had an idea of how it works.. lol

again thanks for your support, ill be uploading more and better maps soon 8)
MachoBastard
SG Contributor

Postby MachoBastard » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:03 am

oh...i forgot..was making some test with grenade_shooter..but it gives me no much options...so i was wondering if theres any way to make a triggerable explosion in SG?.. or modify the grenade_shooter throwing strenght or something like that :D
MachoBastard
SG Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel