With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Vista+Integrated Graphic = GTK problems

Postby Pardner » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:28 pm

I dont know if this is caused by vista our my integrated graphics on my new laptop, but take a look:
the 3d window does not draw brushes within a certain distance. I have never seen this before in Radiant (maybe im missing an option somewhere) I have updated my drivers, set read/write permission to my Gaming directories, but still no luck. The next step is going to be reinstalling GTK.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? IT makes level editing almost impossible.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Don't "Cubic Clip the camera view". There's a button for that somewhere in radiant's tolbar.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Breli » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Menu View -> Cubic Clipping

;)

[Edit] Wait a minute! That has nothing to do with clipping. That looks horrible. I never had that. Try to play around with the different rendering modes (wireframe, boxed, ...) maybe you accidentially disabled something ...
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:01 pm

its "Ctrl+Backslash" and is off by default

EDIT: it seems like it does not draw any brushes that are partly outside the 3d window.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:48 am

i just got GTK loaded on my new laptop. GTK worked like a *charm* on my old laptop with a separate video card. I bought the laptop with the newer integrated chipset in hopes that it would play SG better. I didn't have time to work on it, but I am going to try:
-reinstalling Radiant 1.4
-rollback drivers (it didnt work with the drivers that came on it and it doesnt work with the newest ones either)
-give Zero Radiant a go
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:17 am

well, reinstalling Radiant1.4 did not fix anything. rolling back drivers did not fix anything, and then reinstalling radiant1.4 wit hthe new drivers did not fix anything.

when i can i will post this problem on planetquake and quake3world, maybe someone there has had this problem.

when i get back on high speed, i will download zero radiant and try that.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Plates » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:38 am

Have you tried moving the Radiant config files out somewhere like the desktop so it will have to rebuild? I was Quoteing the wrong Folder last night in IRC. It's
Code: Select all
*Drive letter*:\Docuements and Settings\*username*\Application Data\RadiantSettings\

Application Data is a hidden folder, so you will have to enable veiwing of hidden folders. There was folder called '1.5.0' in there on the windows box I was using, so I guess 1.4 would be have it's settings in '1.4.0'.
Plates
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:30 pm

I understood where you were talking about last time, but Vista no longer has
*Docuements and Settings\*username*\Application Data\

they do have
*\Users\*username*\App Data\
But I have been unsuccessful in finding RadiantSettings :|
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:43 pm

I would like to thank Plates. He recommended using GTK Radiant 1.5 instead of 1.4. I have been using my old laptop for mapping, but I have tried 1.5 and sure enough it works! No more graphical errors.

I will get a tutorial going soon because I needed to change a few things in sg.game to get 1.5 working.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Plates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:52 am

I switched back to my intel graphcis card and was having the same problems as Pardner under windows. Although under Linux with Zero Radiant compiled form the SVN I wasn't having these issues. Pardner's Card is still having graphics problems of a different nature with the same versions under Linux.
Plates
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 am

Plates wrote:Pardner's Card is still having graphics problems of a different nature with the same versions under Linux.

Haven't explored updating vid drivers under linux yet
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel