With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Map bug reports

Postby Pardner » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:04 am

br_durango: Player can get stuck in between rock wall and bank roof. Missing texture between building and cliff wall. Fountain is lop-sided

br_elpaso: clipping issue on one of the buildings.

br_farm: Z-fighting under bush in the town center by defender's spawn.

br_santacruz: Z-fighting on roofs and by church. Main bank safe is to small for players to get money. Z-fighting on walkway from robber spawn to long hallway.

dm_canyon: miss-aligned texture and a see-through spot on the back wall of the mortician. Z-fighting on handrail of saloon above outhouse.

dm_dry: Bad team spawn point causes players to spawn inside boxes.

dm_mine: Sparklies on cliff wall along roof top path.

dm_nonamecity/br_nonamecity: Z-fighting on the church steeple (both sides)

dm_steamboat: Players can be pushed into the wall by the trap door.  Thanks Sucalakafufu  for the video:

du_showdown: new boxes and spawn points have conflicts such as boxes in front of play, thus defeating the purpose of DU mode.

du_highnoon: levitating water in fountain.

br_cobber: Player clipping needed by robber spawn.
http://www.xfire.com/videos/25612f
Last edited by Pardner on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 40 times in total.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 am

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll see what I can do about a few of these. Coyote Bluff for sure.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:29 am

are the current map files on the private ftp. I spoke to Tequila today and he pestered me about using the SVN. This might be a good time to start using it, that way we don't get things mixed up.

(remembered another one on dry, see first post)
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:51 am

Pardner wrote:are the current map files on the private ftp. I spoke to Tequila today and he pestered me about using the SVN. This might be a good time to start using it, that way we don't get things mixed up.

It's on the private one now under /downloads/maps/current_raw_map_files/
I put my latest revision of the sg.shader there as well. I hope everything is current. Tequila is right to pester. We really need to start using that. It just seems so complicated to me. :oops:
Here's a tutorial vid about it I've been watching. It helps, but it's long & boring. http://www.vimeo.com/1155196
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:21 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
Pardner wrote:are the current map files on the private ftp. I spoke to Tequila today and he pestered me about using the SVN. This might be a good time to start using it, that way we don't get things mixed up.

It's on the private one now under /downloads/maps/current_raw_map_files/
I put my latest revision of the sg.shader there as well. I hope everything is current. Tequila is right to pester. We really need to start using that. It just seems so complicated to me. :oops:
Here's a tutorial vid about it I've been watching. It helps, but it's long & boring. http://www.vimeo.com/1155196

:evil:
Don't worry I said also something about that to Joe Kari last week...

Btw just to remind you we made the stuff as simple as possible for guys like you... You don't have to worry about advanced features or how it really works by now. You only have to understand 3 "subversion" words: checkout, add and commit
1. checkout: you have to "checkout" the project on your computer to a dedicated folder
2. add: Files not in the project must be added to the project before they can be versionned
3. commit: at some time you should commit your work with a comment so remote project is synchronized with your work

You should use TortoiseSVN if you're on windows. It is clean and completly integrated to the system. Then you'll find these 3 words in right clic popup menu...

Just do it !!!

:D

For advanced features, just ask torhu, sparcdr, joe kari or me
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:42 pm

new bugs found. I am still playing around with TortoiseSVN and haven't actually fixed anything as of yet.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:20 pm

heres a demo of the steamboat bug. its actually a quite annoying one especially when players hide in the walls all game long....

SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 pm

AH great! Thanks for the video. I've know about the bug, but I keep forgetting to document it.

w000t! its my 800th post!
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:36 am

Pardner wrote:AH great! Thanks for the video. I've know about the bug, but I keep forgetting to document it.

w000t! its my 800th post!

no problem haha congrats on the posts :P
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Ugly » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:11 am

Has the rock between the bank and the next building been fixed in Durango? I really hate missing the jump and getting wedged there.
Ugly
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:14 am

That's a good one too. I will update the main post when I get a change.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:41 am

Ugly wrote:Has the rock between the bank and the next building been fixed in Durango? I really hate missing the jump and getting wedged there.

theres one of these spots in backwater also. ill get a screenshot when i have time
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:27 am

Sucalakafufu wrote:theres one of these spots in backwater also. ill get a screenshot when i have time

check my first post. on that one.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:39 am

Pardner wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:theres one of these spots in backwater also. ill get a screenshot when i have time

check my first post. on that one.

ahh cool u got the same bridge i was thinking of... it happens further down the bridge also though. like near the rock bridge
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby SmokeyBacon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:42 pm

I was playing Alamo BR the other day and a player got stuck inside the door leading from the upstairs of the defenders spawn house to the attached balcony. It was constantly opening and closing and the player could not move. This may be a weird one-time bug but it could also be a design fault which is why I posted here.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Next

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel