With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Re: X-Mas-Idea

Postby Pardner » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:23 pm

Hehe somebody downloaded WOP's X-Mas mod ;)

Haris2201 wrote:1) But I don't have the *.map files from this maps.
How I can get it? :?:
2) When it don't run by me, can someone other can make this???

The original maps are closed source because they were not created by the current team. Also, the maps from the current dev maps are also closed source for various reasons. I would not mind handing out No Name City, but I have already made a X-Mas version (see the hotel in the BR version).

As far as going back and making snow versions of the current maps..... I have a lot on the to do list right now. Maybe eventually they can be made a snow map, but I cannot do it not right now.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

You could still convert the .bsp to .map to take a look at the textures being used. Then re-create these textures with some Xmas feeling and release them as a pk3. They should overwrite the default ones.
You'd probably still need the devs' permission to do so.

I highly doubt that anyone else is willing to do this, since it requires quite some effort and time. All in all it's a good idea, but there's not much time left until this year's christmas..
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby LuckyGenDago » Mon May 03, 2010 12:08 am

/dev/random wrote:You could still convert the .bsp to .map to take a look at the textures being used. Then re-create these textures with some Xmas feeling and release them as a pk3. They should overwrite the default ones.
You'd probably still need the devs' permission to do so.

I highly doubt that anyone else is willing to do this, since it requires quite some effort and time. All in all it's a good idea, but there's not much time left until this year's christmas..

there is a rtcw - western mod (call WildWest) too and the maps of them doesn't looks so difrient like them in SG. Could it be that IC spiked a litle bit? :P
Check it out :)
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon May 03, 2010 3:07 am

The WildWest mod for RTCW received permission from ICI to use/modify Santa Cruz, San Cuchillo & El Paso several years ago. I seem to remember posting news of it on the SG website.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel