With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

GTK Radiant 1.5 under linux

Postby wayfarer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:40 am

EDIT: Split from thread ~Pardner

I am trying to reincarnate the level designer in myself (did some in Duke3D and Quake a long time ago) and to that end tried to find the Linux version of gtkRadiant 1.4 to no avail. I finally found a few methods of converting the gtkRadiant 1.5 rpm files to deb for my Ubuntu to use. I then found a file that someone built from the SVN files and made it into a deb natively. However, this is where things got snarled.

The files and file pathing in the sg-mapping-pack are apparently incompatible with the newer version of gtkRadiant. I tried converting the downloaded sg.game file into a compatible format but that did not work. No matter what I do I cannot seem to get Smokin' Guns to load up in the editor. Thus, when I try opening one of the sample maps, it only shows me that the shaders are all non-existent.

I have searched these forums and the internet for information on how to reliably convert the downloaded files and, in turn, their proper pathing. Is there some kind soul who is using version 1.5 of the map designer who can illuminate a solution, point me somewhere to find the appropriate files or perhaps even post them for myself and others (a friend is making the same journey as soon as I figure out how to make this work) to download???

Watching the thread here, boss....
wayfarer
Drifter

Postby wayfarer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Pardner,

Thanks for the files. They did the trick. I managed to navigate around the two test maps for a while today and it was nostalgic. After the holidays, I plan to put in more than a few hours viewing tutorials, digesting the manual and experimenting with the design capabilities. I still have a few debugging errors to work through when the program starts, but that's, hopefully, small 'taters.

Happy Holidays, friend.

Wayfarer
wayfarer
Drifter

Postby wayfarer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Random,

Got your compile and installed. I now have two new toys. It's a Christmas miracle!!!

Thanks.

BTW, for those looking to do maps in other games here's a link to a debian file compiled from the source tree: http://www.nexuizninjaz.com/downloads/g ... 1_i386.deb

You can install that version as well and copy the files into your version of (?)radiant or use Xarchiver to extract the games directory and the corresponding game files from /usr/lib/gtkradiant and then copy them.

Merry Holidays.
wayfarer
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Glad its working. I will be including those files I mailed to you in the next version of our tools package. If you need to modify any of those files for the better let me know so I can test/update.

Pardner
SG Team

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel