With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

new br map (harbor)

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:58 am

Hey guys here ist my first beta of my next map so try it and enjoy playing it. In some days I will uplaod the next version of san juanico and harbor.
DOWNLOAD
Last edited by !NuB!Donut on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 am

I like this map much better than your last attempt. The city is quite nice, though I'll bet the rooftops will see a lot of action. Maybe too much. But only testing will tell.
The one thing that looks terribly odd is the "river in space" thing. Maybe you could add some mountains or something around there?
[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/19_shot0004_1.jpg][timg]19_shot0004_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:13 am

That's quite fun! I suppose if we are robbing an ocean town like San Francisco, the water would be out to the distant mountains. If we are robbing a town like Old El Paso from the Rio Grande, then maybe it would be a bit wider with desert on the other side up to the mountains? Underwater is cool. Could be some loot under the dock?! (I had to get on the steps from the side to get on the dock, for some reason). Fun map for some night harbor action! :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Juaro Juarez » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 am

Yay! Test test test!
Pretty nice map. And iwonder why those other mappers haven't already had( is that right english, well... ;) ) any idea for a harbour :)
-nox-Juaro-

Admin on Jeuxlinux.
Juaro Juarez
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Twig » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:21 am

I agree with Red about the roof situation. Access to the roofs are from several places and because they have been made intentionally they are very easy. The fact that you can travel through one end of the map to another entirely by moving on the roofs kind of leaves the ground as a separate place. There might not be a good balance between ground and roof.

One suggestion for the secondary bank (blow up wall and up the stairs) is that you give a second route out of there. On my first attempt i used up my dynamite and had no way out from between the walls at the corner of the map. It would also be very easy for the defending team to pick off robbers from that bank because they only have that one way out.

Map looked very nice though and it definitely had a new type of atmosphere which is great. I think it just needs to be tested with players to see how it actually balances out. This is a lot better than your first map, hope to see a third one!
SG name: mS//Twig
Twig
Pistolero

Postby SmokeyBacon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 pm

I'd suggest you open up the area to the side of the prison bank, as defenders are going to be hard camping the roofs to stop people climbing the ivy and blowing the ceiling.

Maybe make gaps in the buldings in the red rings? Plus some cover in the long alleyway would stop it becoming a sniping haven, maybe make it a market with some stalls?

[thumb=http://forum.smokin-guns.org/userpix/3451_harbour_1.jpg][timg]3451_harbour_1.jpg[/timg][/thumb]
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:22 am

so after a long time (also a donut have to sleep and eat 8) ) i hope that I have finshed harbor

Maybe make gaps in the buldings in the red rings? Plus some cover in the long alleyway would stop it becoming a sniping haven, maybe make it a market with some stalls?

thanx for the great idea i helped a lot to improve the the game play of the map 8O

..., though I'll bet the rooftops will see a lot of action. Maybe too much

I tested it out with !NuB!Sunrise and you be killed easely from the ground when you are on roofs because ther is no cover. But may be we could arrange a day where we could test the map with more smokin' guns palyers. :wink: .

hope to see a third one!

yes there will be a third one but first i will make a little maping break (I had maped every day for about 3-4 houres) and I don't have any ideas for it.

Underwater is cool.

Because of this i added a under water tube so i hope for funny underwater battles.

I also added some more ways out of the banks so keep your eyes open!

and the best of all the DOWNLOAD link.

It would be great if someone of you could add this map map to the next patch of Sokin' Guns so that we are able to play the map online
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby SmokeyBacon » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 pm

I'll test both maps today and get back to you as soon as possible.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Re: new br map (harbor)

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:18 pm

!NuB!Donut wrote:Hey guys here ist my first beta of harbor.

The smoking chimney reduces my framerate below 10! This would prevent me to put this map on a public server.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:48 am

I will delete the smoking chimney. But my framerate just drop to 100 if i go through the smoke.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:53 pm

That's a problem with Smokin' Guns. It is an older game, in the modern age, with players used to modern games. Modern retail games target only the players with modern computers. Being a free game from the past, we need to target new and old hardware.

My suggestion is create what you think looks good.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Takeda Iesyu » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:16 am

Bank Robbery is my favorite form of gameplay. In every way. Thanks for the map. :D
Takeda Iesyu
Newcomer

Postby !NuB!Donut » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:01 pm

I think you are the first person who sayed Thanks for my maps so Thanks for saying Thanks
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby BlockCop » Mon May 23, 2011 3:07 am

This map doesn't work correctly.
BlockCop
Drifter

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel