With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

!NuB!_mappack

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:54 pm

I had updated all my maps and here is the newest Download
I thought about my fourth map but first I have to solve some how my graphic problem.
If somebody has ideas for me or want to write feedback poste it here.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:04 pm

The readme sounds a little strange, apart from spelling mistakes.

At a first glance it seems like you included some unneccessary files within the pk3s. The levelshots don't have the right resolution. You should not use "!" in paths. Most textures are way too large. There's a Thumbs.db :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:07 pm

The readme sounds a little strange, apart from spelling mistakes.
I will korrekt it but you have surely noticed that my english is not so good.

At a first glance it seems like you included some unneccessary files within the pk3s
Like I said befor my english is not so good and this is why I learned mapping on a german page for Return to Castle Wolfenstein. But mapping for sg is a little bit different form mapping in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. So please tell me which files i need and which I don't need.

The levelshots don't have the right resolution
What resolution do I need?

You should not use "!" in paths
what parts(do you mean the sound direction or the .zip name?) All is working fine isn't it?

There's a Thumbs.db
Where??
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

After taking a look at the original SG levelshots I've noticed they are either in 512x512 or 1024x768. Iirc a power of two is better, thus 512x512. Anything above is certainly a waste of space.

The exclamation mark in the sound folder is what caught my attention. It surely works, but it is not good practice to use special chars in paths.

textures/sanjuanico_water/Thumbs.db

You don't need .bak, .prt, .srf. Those are created temporarily while compiling but not needed for the map to work.
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:42 pm

/dev/random wrote:After taking a look at the original SG levelshots I've noticed they are either in 512x512 or 1024x768. Iirc a power of two is better, thus 512x512. Anything above is certainly a waste of space.

Yes 1024x768 are resized to 1024x512 by q3engine at loading, so this is a waste of space AND quality (because q3engine does not resize it with a decent algorythm just like the one you found in photoshop or gimp : bicubic).

That's why in the past I wrote this tutorial :
http://sgq3-mapping.blogspot.com/2008/12/power-of-2-sized-textures.html

However, you can use texture larger than 512x512, for example most of time your main ground texture may cover really big open space, so a 512x512 will not produce good-looking result. You have to use a 1024x1024 one instead.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby !NuB!Donut » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:50 pm

After a long time I have overworked all my mapps. I have spend a lot of work at my favorit map Harbour (I could change a lot and make the balance between Lawman and Outlawman mucht batter because of Doctors qualitative suggestion. Doctor thank you a lot for your work).

The biggest changes on Harbour are for example.

-> Coplety overworked houses
-> More cover at the housroofs

-> overworked AI-file and new nobots areas so no bot will drown or stick
-> new DM version of Habour
-> overworked channel system
-> and mutch more...

DOWNLOAD

so give it a try and enjoy it 8)
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:37 am

Los Amigos sure looks like a fun winter map, but is anyone else having super slow, jerky performance and hang-ups in that map? The other maps all work great.
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel