With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Pardner wrote:[*]Add weapon clip brushes around the model in places that you don't want bullets to go through (horses, tree trunks, etc).
[*]Add player clip brushes round the areas where you do want bullets to go through (wagon covers, tables, chairs, etc).

Just to be clear, you don't need both weapon & player clip brushes at once. Choose one or the other. In most cases you will want weapon clip so that bullets won't pass through the model.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Lon' » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:50 pm

.. we were making a bush and then we got a strange bug. We made a no-draw brush with a plant texture on one face. the thing is, when i delete it at radiant, i can still see it on the devmap. any one knows how to fix this problem (bug)
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby Lon' » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 pm

this is really getting us crazy.. here is the picture.
4084_8175_shot0000_1_1.jpg
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Lon' wrote:.. we were making a bush and then we got a strange bug. We made a no-draw brush with a plant texture on one face. the thing is, when i delete it at radiant, i can still see it on the devmap. any one knows how to fix this problem (bug)

Make sure you don't have anything filtered: View --> Filters and un-check everything. This way everything is seen in Radiant. If the plants appear then you had them filtered out. Also, press Shift + H to un-hide everything.

Then go to your maps directory and delete the .bsp, .aas, and .tex

Then recompile your map and watch for errors. Deleting the BSP will make sure that the newest version of your map is used. I suspect that you are getting an error in your MAP to BSP stage (1st stage) and that what you see in game is an old bsp.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Lon' » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:19 am

how do we create the aas. file for bot support?
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 am

The bot support is done in the last stage of compiling (Tutorial).

If you use Q3Map2Toolz, you need to set the location to your bspc.exe (included in the Radiant install) then use the BOT tab.
/pics/tutorials/setup/toolz8_sm.jpg

If you are using windows batch files, this is what your script might look like:
Code: Select all
cd "C:\Program Files\Smokin' Guns"

"Radiant-1.4\bspc.exe" -forcesidesvisible -optimize -bsp2aas "maps\dm_test1.bsp"
Pardner
SG Team

Previous

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel