With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:56 am

Aye, carumba! :roll: :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:17 am

Ok, the first version of the map is 98% complete. I just need to add a few more lamps, some plants, and make the Pk3. But Lon said to me that the test server will be closed tomorrow, is that true? If so, can you please hold it for one more week? I need to test how the gameplay works on the map, and take suggestions from players...
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby Lon' » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:41 am

hey guys tijuana is almost complete but the beta test its available to play on bacon server ... we ve tried yesterday if u wanna see just go there..
the floor texture need fixing... but we played... we are just finishing something with pard and dagos help with ping optimization and others things
like bots
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 am

Donut is helping too. Thanks for the feedback, everyone has been really supportive considering its my first map, and thanks for all the suggestions, Ill consider all of them. Special thanks for the BACON guys, who helped on the map testing by adding Tijuana to their server :D
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby Biondo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Maybe I missed something, but which is Bacon server address?
The only Bacon server I knew, was 71.199.97.23:27964 Team [BACON]'s Secret Moon Base, but it is always offline (at least for XQF, the MonsterBrowser for Linux).
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby kaiyouw » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:49 pm

[BACON] 1.1b4 - Gooder Than Rest
97.107.129.29:27960
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby Biondo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Thank you for the address. It seems a nice map (though I'm not expert of BR). Congratulations!
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Postby ^SDE^Evans » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm

nice job :)
I hurt myself today (8)
^SDE^Evans
Shootist

Postby Lon' » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:52 am

great great great newss!!!!

after so much work, kaiows (mapper) and me, its realeasing the first oficial version of br_tijuana, we ve upload 2 old version on bacon server for testing the gameplay and find bugs. weve played a lot in the last 2 weeks.
and now after the overworked of Donnut and Muffin we are posting the first oficial version of br_tijuana. by the way NUB clan did a great job on map!!! :D
we would like to thx to everyone that help us finish the map... dago, red with his tutorials and mainly Pardner that took some of his time helping us...
if u wanna play this map or wanna test just go on bacon server or download it here..
dont forget to get the beta version and dont forget to enable the autodownload options to play on bacon server
I can assure that everione will like!
good shots cowboys!!! see u on Tijuana ( Mexico ):D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6C3NP67U

if u find another bug please feedback me or donnut for we fix and post it without bugs
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Fun tight br map! Lots of interestng spaces. Ghost Riders on the grammaphone is a nice touch. The piano in the hotel got stretched lengthwise somehow,(notice foot pedals). Can anyone challenge on the pool table? :lol:
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:42 pm

You can challenge me on the pool table, on the poker table and on the bar table, for who drinks more tequila... hehe I bet one golden bar that I can beat you :D
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 am

Yikes, tequila? And that worm at the bottom! You win!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:21 am

Congratulations, a very enjoyable map. I think it's also worth for DM.

You may copy the following pickup_money and info_player_deathmatch entities into your map file while omitting the "remove_..." entities. If you compile your br_ map, you can copy and rename the br_tijuana.bsp, .aas and .tex files to dm_tijuana.bsp, .aas and .tex respectively. That way, the pk3 won't get bigger (since zip should recognizes identical files).

Here's an overview how I distributed the spawnpoints (sorry for the red color). The above entities won't influence the BR map: they won't show up. Similarly, the item_money will not show up in DM mode. By combining everything in one map, you save a lot of compile time.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Lon' » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:50 am

i was thinkin on dm map for tijuana... but u alredy did :>D ! well! very nice . i enjoy a lot on terra nova.... 'great job!
Lon'
Gunslinger

Postby kaiyouw » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh my, really? Dm Tijuana? niiice... im glad people liked our map
I really thought about making it both Br and Dm, but I thought it would be a weird dm map since I designed it for Br since the beggining... But you know what, it can be a nice dm map too, I guess :D
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

PreviousNext

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel