It is in fact my first mapping-project (even before dm_xmas) and I wasn't sure recently that I will be able to finish it... I still remember that I was kidding for the release date of my map by saying "When it's done!, as 3d Realms said".
My map is in fact a remade from one of the old Western Quake 3 1.2 map which is "The Villa" from around 2001.
Now a check-list:
- team overlay compatibility - CHECK
- new sound effect - CHECK
- high resolution lightmap - CHECK
- bank robbery mode - CHECK
- deathmatch mode - CHECK
- last SVN version compatibility - CHECK
- copyrights from ICI - CHECK
- future creative commons licence - CHECK
- and more and more... - CHECK
OK, that was theory... Now let's see:
The first screenshot (unpair) was made in WQ1.2 and the second (pair) in SG
For sure, a first map cannot be made alone, I got some help from other gunslingers which are:
- Joe Kari
- and many other...
PS: sorry if I made some english mistakes.
Map was released and could be downloaded here.
There is also the sources which could be found here.