With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

GTK Radiant 1.4 Save problems

Postby Morgan189 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Howdy folks :D

at first: Thanks for register :-)

Now my question, I cant save my maps in Radiant 1.4. That means i click on save as, type in a name, an klick save. But after that there isnt any map 8O... Someone can help me ?

2nd question:
Can i play my maps directly in Smokin' Guns, without Q3Map2Toolz ? Cause this program doesnt work on my computer (Win7). I tried to save i on hadakri.com (.de / .net - its a german tutorial for radiant but not for sg). But i think that doesnt work ^^
Maybe someone could help me, would be nice :-)

Thanks
Morgan
Morgan189
Pistolero

Postby !NuB!Donut » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Fist of all welcome to the forum :D

According to the saving trouble you could look at this topic.
viewtopic.php?t=2379

Cause this program doesnt work on my computer (Win7)

Normally it should work could you pleas describe the error you get when you start it.

hadakri.com (.de / .net - its a german tutorial for radiant but not for sg)
I used it my self a lot it is on of the best German tutorials for the GtkRadiant in my opinion.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Re: GTK Radiant 1.4 Save problems

Postby Pardner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Morgan189 wrote:2nd question:
Can i play my maps directly in Smokin' Guns, without Q3Map2Toolz ? Cause this program doesnt work on my computer (Win7).

Like Donut said "it should work". But to answer your actual question: No you dont need Q3Map2Toolz. I do not use Q3Map2Toolz. I prefer to use batch files to compile my maps. Take a look at the tutorial I wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=1491#compile
In the end of the second post I cover batch file compiling.

Q3Map2Toolz is a nice way to visually see your compile script. It should be working, so make sure you post any errors you are having.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Morgan189 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Aaa thanks Donut, thats it ;)

With the Q3Map2Toolz its a little bit strange ^^

At first when i start it i saw this screen:

I pressed ok and the next screen is:

Again i pressed ok and :

[Sorry for that big images ^^]

That screen differs from that one in Pardners' Tutorial.

Is that the right screen or do i have the wrong settings ?

Thanks for help :)
Last edited by Morgan189 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Morgan189
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:13 am

So I think the second image might be where the problem is. Make sure that you do have the correct path to both the q3map2.exe and the bspc.exe.

q3map2.exe should have come with our sg_map_toolz_v2.zip and bspc.exe was placed in your Smokin' Guns folder when you installed GTK Radiant:

C:\Program Files\Smokin' Guns\smokinguns\compiler\q3map2.exe
C:\Program Files\Smokin' Guns\Radiant-1.4\bspc.exe
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Morgan189 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:36 am

Ok, where can i change the paths ?
Morgan189
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:47 am

Edit --> Set Paths
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Morgan189 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:57 am

I already tried to click on it but nothing happend :(

Another problem, If i load the common textures i cant find nodraw or anything else of the common textures! Thats all i've found.

Morgan189
Pistolero

Postby Morgan189 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 am

I cleared allt he paths with the Configuration Tool, then launch it again, filled in the paths and: it works :-)
When i clicked on built (after i check all the boxes like its shown in the Tutorial) a messsage apperead: q3map2.exe doesnt work anymore. I closed it and it opens SG an i could play my map - :D

I didnt have include a sky, maybe thats why the map "distort". Also the weapons and the money i include .. mhh that doesnt work but i think im getting it ;)
One thing was very nice: the breakable walls :D
With enough dynamite it was very nice ^^

But everything looks very little in the Radiant and in the game i cant jump on a box which seemed to be "normal" in the Radiant.

But if someone knows a solve for my common-texture problem it would be nice to tell me :)

Morgan
Morgan189
Pistolero

Postby Pardner » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:34 pm

If your common shaders are not showing up then that is a reason for concern. Lets try a simple fix first:
  1. Were you able to compile the included dm_test1.map? This is the reason why this map was included with our mapping package. The map is 100% compilable. Use this map to test your tools. Load the map in Radiant and look for missing textures. If everything looks good, use Q3Map2Toolz to compile the map. If you get errors compile the map, then try compiling the map with a batch file. Once compiled load the map in game and look for odd looking shaders/lighting/brushes/models/etc. This simple process should tell you where the problem is in your tools. Always start with a control (something that is known to work).
  2. Make sure that you have this option checked:
    Check to see that you are able to load any shader. Shaders are textures with scripts. You can tell if the texture is a shader if it has a white box around it:
  3. If that is checked and you are not able to load any shaders then I am afraid that your paths are not correct or you did not install the sg_mapping_toolz_v2.zip .

• Go to your */Smokin' Guns/smokinguns/scripts folder and make sure that there are the following files:
    • If that didnt work I suggest Uninstalling GTK Radiant, and then re-installing it. Make sure you follow my install tutorial. The tutorial works fine for Win 7.
  4. In Q3Map2Toolz make sure that you check fs_basepath. This is the most common problem if your map does not display any shaders. [b]Make sure you get GTK Radiant working first[/i].
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Morgan189 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Pardner wrote:[*]Make sure that you have this option checked:

That was all :D
But thanks (!!) for help !
Morgan189
Pistolero

Thank you :)

Postby Bart202 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks Morgan, i am so happy that you will do the whole work on my computer also :) So now he know how to do everything :)

Thanks for this good help to all here, Pardner, ReD,Donut. Keep on doing that think good in future also :)
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Morgan189 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 am

Ok, that wasnt all :-/

I can make smoke and i can see it in sg after compoiling. But i cant make Fire, Water or Ladders. For example the ladder texture is a black "thing" in sg after compoiling. So i think there isnt something right with the q3map2toolz :-(

So first: I load the dm_test1 in Radiant, but (i think) everything looks correct.
So i compoiled it. Now a picture i made in sg from the compoiled test map.
http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php ... e=original

And thats what happend when i clicked on Built:
http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php ... e=original
Its in german but it just says: q3map2.exe doesnt work anymore :-(
Maybe thats the reason for the "wrong" shaders...

Pardner
1. i think theres the problem - i think its q3map2toolz which makes that trouble or exactly the q3map2.exe!
because:
2. is checked
3. is checked so sg_mapping_toolz is installed
4. is checked (fs_basepath)
Last edited by Morgan189 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Morgan189
Pistolero

Postby !NuB!Donut » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:11 pm

did you used -fs_basepath? If no activate it and compile your map again.
!NuB!Donut
SG Team

Postby Morgan189 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Yes i checked it!
But thanks :-/

Edit: Nice its working now ^^

I just cleared again all pathes, overwrite the q3map2 with another one (but it should be the same...) again filled in all pathes, checked fs-basepath and: shaders are working: water, ladders, smoke :-)
Morgan189
Pistolero

Next

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel