With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Pardner, Joe Kari, TheDoctor, Breli

Re: *WIP* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Joe Kari » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:37 pm

No news ;)
User avatar
Joe Kari
SG Team
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: France



Re: *WIP* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Pardner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi Guys,
Sorry for my absences, I assure you there us a very good reason. I have not had a chance to work on this map at all. I downloaded SG1.1 and was very pleased with it. Got a chance to pop on a pub server this weekend!

I left Death Valley Mine in an *almost* playable state... so...
DOWNLOAD IT HERE

It is playable, functional, but I did not get a chance to polish a few things up. Feel free to post your feedback. I hope to make your changes plus add a "reverse mode"!!
User avatar
Pardner
SG Team
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:48 am
Location: MD, USA



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby MsH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Finally it's here :)
Cool map, was worth waiting

Elevator sound bugged several times. (I stucked it and it started repeating the sound.)
User avatar
MsH
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:44 pm



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Pardner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Unfortunately, that is the physics of the plat elevator. I tried using a door, but then I couldn't get the sound synced properly. This is one of the things I can continue to improve I guess.
User avatar
Pardner
SG Team
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:48 am
Location: MD, USA



Re: *WIP* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby TheDoctor » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Pardner wrote:Death Valley Mine

Interesting map. Does the blasting box work randomly? Is it intentional you cannot set off the blastings via dynamite? How does one clear the rocks at the second entrance to the safe? Seems, it would require a blasting box.
Image
User avatar
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Biondo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:51 pm

A heartily welcome back, Pardner. We were missing your presence. Hope real life didn't hurt you too much.
I wasn't able to download the map from Moddb until now (they say "The file you have selected is not available via any mirrors"), but I'm sure it will be a great map as every map you've always designed before.
User avatar
Biondo
SG Website Designer
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Pardner » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 pm

TheDoctor wrote:
Pardner wrote:Death Valley Mine

Interesting map. Does the blasting box work randomly? Is it intentional you cannot set off the blastings via dynamite? How does one clear the rocks at the second entrance to the safe? Seems, it would require a blasting box.

Yes the blasting blocks are random and the rocks at the second entrance to the safe are a part of those random blasts. I tried to designate the random blast rocks with a black rock texture. The random blasts are actually trigger doors timed with TNT shooters. I actually dont have anything breakable in the map except for the bank door.

Biondo wrote:A heartily welcome back, Pardner. We were missing your presence. Hope real life didn't hurt you too much.
I wasn't able to download the map from Moddb until now (they say "The file you have selected is not available via any mirrors"), but I'm sure it will be a great map as every map you've always designed before.

Try the other mirrors. Someone at Moddb has the same problem, but they were able to download it from another mirror. Here is a link to the Gamefront mirror: http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/22 ... eymine.zip



Anyone find the second bank?
User avatar
Pardner
SG Team
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:48 am
Location: MD, USA



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Biondo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Also from Gamefront, no luck :o
User avatar
Biondo
SG Website Designer
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Biondo wrote:Also from Gamefront, no luck :o
The Gamefront link works for me, today as well as it did yesterday. Anyway, here's a link at /dev/random's webspace.
Image
User avatar
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Pardner wrote:Yes the blasting blocks are random and the rocks at the second entrance to the safe are a part of those random blasts. I tried to designate the random blast rocks with a black rock texture. The random blasts are actually trigger doors timed with TNT shooters. I actually don't have anything breakable in the map except for the bank door

OK, this means, whoever uses the blasting box (naturally, it's the attacking team) possibly makes it harder for the attacking team to reach the vault ~(2/4 chance of blocking one of two ladders, 1/4 chance of crumbling ceiling rock) while it also could open a second entrance to the safe (1/4)?

I've tried the blasting box numerous times and I was never able to open the second entrance to the safe. Instead, the blasting box did trigger explosions, that already went off (mostly left or right ladder).
Image
User avatar
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Bart202 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Waited long for your map :) ( Ready for my birthday :P ) And now it's here. I'll play it as far as i can.
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
User avatar
Bart202
Gunslinger
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 am



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Pardner » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:00 pm

TheDoctor wrote:OK, this means, whoever uses the blasting box (naturally, it's the attacking team) possibly makes it harder for the attacking team to reach the vault ~(2/4 chance of blocking one of two ladders, 1/4 chance of crumbling ceiling rock) while it also could open a second entrance to the safe (1/4)?

I've tried the blasting box numerous times and I was never able to open the second entrance to the safe. Instead, the blasting box did trigger explosions, that already went off (mostly left or right ladder).


I am at work now and not looking at the source files. If I remember correctly:
5 blast zones:
1) west ladder
2) east ladder
3) bottom tunnel
4) rear bank exit
5) plunger backfire (robber spawn :P )
Currently, all are weighted equally. After readying your post, I think I might change this so that the harms and help blasts are equal.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of a way to prevent the same blast from happening. I tried to prevent the button from being pressed twice by having a longer time one it. If an attacker camps the button, they are a sitting duck AND they are actually hurting their team.
User avatar
Pardner
SG Team
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:48 am
Location: MD, USA



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Biondo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Thank you, TheDoctor. This link works: http://mirror.9k.lv/smokinguns/smokingu ... eymine.pk3
User avatar
Biondo
SG Website Designer
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 pm



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby Pardner » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Moddb's reply:
Dave Traeger wrote:The download error you mentioned simply means there is no available space for a new download to happen. If they keep trying they will eventually get access to download the file. Gamefront recently closed down support for 90% of countries that make no money from advertising so we have been left to handle the downloads ourselves. We are working on a solution it just costs money.
--
Dave Traeger DesuraNET Pty Ltd Editor, Overlord
(310) 929-5330 dave@moddb.com
Follow me on Twitter @Henl3y
www.desura.com www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com www.indieroyale.com
User avatar
Pardner
SG Team
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:48 am
Location: MD, USA



Re: *Released* br_DeathValleyMine

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Dave Traeger wrote:Gamefront recently closed down support for 90% of countries that make no money from advertising

What a shame! Geo-location is evil.
Image
User avatar
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 am



PreviousNext

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel