With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

How to change the direction of the doors?

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 pm

I pasted a door, but she is not going to the side that I want, I already tried with y_axis, x_axis, etc., but the door is not going in the direction I want.
How do I?
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Postby LuckyGenDago » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 pm

change the position of the "origin" brush
[IngameName] mS.Dago
TS Admin
LuckyGenDago
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Are you using a func_door or a func_door_rotating?

For the func_door_rotating. The center of the origin brush controls is the center of the "hinge" of the door. By default, the func_door_rotating rotates along the Z-axis. By setting X-axis, Y-axis, and the origin, you can get the door to rotate in any direction you want.

For the func_door, you don't need an origin brush. You can also set the "angle" key/value. The default value of 0 will cause the door to rotate from left to right as seen in the 2D editor. A value of 90 will cause it to slide bottom to top, a value of 180 will cause it to slide from right to left, and a value of 270 will cause it to slide from top to bottom.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby [PTR]Manoel Victor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:33 am

change the position of the "origin" brush

No, because if I do, I change the side that I want to run the port, the "origin" must be in the same place, and the door turn around.
For the func_door_rotating. The center of the origin brush controls is the center of the "hinge" of the door. By default, the func_door_rotating rotates along the Z-axis. By setting X-axis, Y-axis, and the origin, you can get the door to rotate in any direction you want.

Yes, I'm using func_door_rotating, but how can I set the door to rotate to the side that I want? Have some "key" to be able to put it where I want to turn?
Oh, and I'll just ask how do I break only one door with dynamite.
Thanks in advance.
And Pardner,please answer me on the private messages! I need your help,please please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My map is almost ready, you will surpeender, I guarantee it!
:D
[PTR]Manoel Victor
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:08 am

[PTR]Manoel Victor wrote:Yes, I'm using func_door_rotating, but how can I set the door to rotate to the side that I want? Have some "key" to be able to put it where I want to turn?
Oh, and I'll just ask how do I break only one door with dynamite.
Thanks in advance.
My map is almost ready, you will surpeender, I guarantee it!
:D

Could you re-word you problem. I explained that you can set the X, Y, or Z axis, and using the origin brush you should be able to get the door to swing in any direction you want.

Pardner
SG Team

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel