With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Would be great if you could help

Postby Bart202 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Hey, I have a big problem. As far as you know my q3map2toolz got crashed :/

I tried it here on windows 7 with the example Pardner made .. I have just the problem that I can't change the type of the file of .txt to .bat ....
My paths are all in C:// .. but my pc can't find any of them ? weird ? I am nearly ready with my maps .. but I can't release them without playing them of myself before .. I really need help ..
My q3map2toolz say that I need this file I postet .. but it seems noone has this .. I really would help need .. Who has his q3map2toolz installed directly in C://Program Files ?

Maybe 1 of you have a good .bat file ? would be great if a german would that be. :) Thank you so far.
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Re: Would be great if you could help

Postby /dev/random » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:26 pm

To be honest, I didn't understand a word of what you said. Feel free to post in German :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:16 am

Bart202 wrote:I have just the problem that I can't change the type of the file of .txt to .bat ....

Because windows hides known extensions by default. So when you rename it, you actually name it compile.bat.txt. Here is a link to how to show extensions (German). With extensions shown, you will be able to rename it compile.bat

Bart202 wrote:My paths are all in C:// .. but my pc can't find any of them ? weird ? I am nearly ready with my maps .. but I can't release them without playing them of myself before .. I really need help ..
My q3map2toolz say that I need this file I postet .. but it seems noone has this .. I really would help need .. Who has his q3map2toolz installed directly in C://Program Files ?

I don't use q3map2toolz, but all necessary files are included with our mapping package. Last I talked to you on IRQ, you didn't know your smokinguns paths. That's kninda important since you manually have to direct q3map2toolz to your working paths.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Bart202 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:09 pm

It's very weird because I copied the mapping programs of Morgan .. and he doesn't have this fault/error ?! I will try it with .bat files .. but wah work with my sg .. something got broken there .. can't load md3 models .. however .
Hope I can rename it

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:30 am

Bart202 wrote:It's very weird because I copied the mapping programs of Morgan .. and he doesn't have this fault/error ?! I will try it with .bat files .. but wah work with my sg .. something got broken there .. can't load md3 models .. however .
Hope I can rename it

Thats two problems right there. You shouldn't be copying mapping programs from anyone. You should be install fresh programs. This way you make sure all the paths match your system.

Second, if SG isn't loading md3 models, then you might have renamed the original pack file extenstion (sg_pak0.pk3 --> sg_pak0.zip)

I ran into trouble using Q3Map2Toolz many years ago. Rather than try to fix them I just made my own batch files and never looked back.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Bart202 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 am

I will finish the map in gtk and then I work for compiling :) Thank you so much :)

Feel free to come in irc, it's better to talk over problems ;)

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Bart202 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:05 pm

At first, Thanks to Dike !
I have now the right paths to my files! It works.
Just 1 problem, when I'm ingame. Smokin' Guns opens but then in console is : can't find wood.bsp file ? I am sure I haven't this file on my computer ? how to get this ?

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Bart202 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:06 pm

and how I said my q3map2toolz isn't working.

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Bart202 wrote:can't find wood.bsp file

Is "wood" the name of your map? It cannot find it for one of two reasons:

1) It did not compile correctly. The bsp is created on the first stage. If the compiler cannot find the .map file, not bsp is created. If you are using a leaktest, and it leaks, then no bsp is created. Look in your C:/Program Files/Smokin' Guns/smokinguns/maps folder to see if a bsp file is there.

2) If the bsp is there, are you setting sv_pure 0 before you try to launch the map? If you do not have the compiled map in a pk3, then you need to set sv_pure 0
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Bart202 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:27 pm

The wood.map is the name of the.map file ;)

my paths are correctly, I'm sure .. I says loading 500 brushes etc this things. Just how it always did when it worked .. but .bsp is missing. :(

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Bart202 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:31 pm

and no i can't find an .bsp file in the folder

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Then your map isn't compiling.

Are you using bat files or q3map2toolz?

Either way, could you add ">text.txt" to then end of the first stage of the compile. This will log everything the first stage outputs and place it in test.txt. Then post the contents of test.txt and we will figure out whats wrong.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Bart202 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:16 am

That's the .bat file, you can open it with editor and change things: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gean9i

Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:14 pm

run this:
Code: Select all
cd "C:\Programme\Smokin' Guns"

"smokinguns\compiler\q3map2.exe" -meta  -fs_basepath "C:\Programme\Smokin' Guns" "smokinguns\maps\wood.map" >metaLog.txt
rem "smokinguns\compiler\q3map2.exe" -vis -fast -v -fs_basepath "C:\Programme\Smokin' Guns"  "smokinguns\maps\wood.bsp"
rem "smokinguns\compiler\q3map2.exe" -light -fast -v  -fs_basepath "C:\Programme\Smokin' Guns" "smokinguns\maps\wood.bsp"
rem "Radiant-1.4\bspc.exe" -forcesidesvisible -optimize -bsp2aas "smokinguns\maps\wood.bsp"

rem pause
rem smokinguns.exe +sv_pure 0 +devmap wood

then find "C:\Programme\Smokin' Guns\metaLog.txt" and post the contents here.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Bart202 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:40 pm

When I'm starting it like this .. nothing happens it opens the black window and quit it again .. nothing happens..
If I search for the metalog.txt .. it shows me only my cantina.bat file .. ? idk why

Bart202
Gunslinger

Next

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel