With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

A Story Mode!!!!!!

Postby Itchy Finger » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:45 am

:twisted: It would be so FRIGGIN AWESOME for Smokin' Guns to one day have a story mode patch/game mode. That is the nail in the coffin to make the game EPICNESS(don't know if that's a word, don't care) :) It is probably more less likely than possible but hey, that is what we need to keep interest because the servers are sadly dying and not a lot of new cowboys are coming along. :cry:
An Itchy Finger is An Itchy Trigger :)
Itchy Finger
Drifter

Re: A Story Mode!!!!!!

Postby TheDoctor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:00 am

Itchy Finger wrote:It would be so FRIGGIN AWESOME for Smokin' Guns to one day have a story mode patch/game mode.

Well, one would need
  1. to write a story using the characters and maps we already have, and
  2. to tell the story via the technical infrastructure we currently have.
I could imagine that demos could be used to record and replay story elements. Demos can contain text (chat) and even voip chat. I think one can also play given sounds in demos. Sadly, SG doesn't support ogg at the moment. Apart from that, Quake3 should support scripted scenes in principle.

That said, I don't think it is ever going to happen, unless you work at it :P . This is a community, not a business. There is no group of developers who have the time, motivation and skill to implement this.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel