With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Let's face it, SG could sure use some talented modellers.

Moderator: Joe Kari

Problems creating map on Win7

Postby sWep » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Hey, so i can play sg and everythink finnaly got new video card, but i got problem that when i create map i just can't load it in sg, so if you could help me do it please (:
sWep
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Assuming that the map compiled correctly, you need to turn pure server off. To load a map that has not been packed into a pk3 do the following:
Code: Select all
/sv_pure 0
/devmap <mapname>

Check your q3map2.exe console window for any errors. Also, you can check in your "*/Smokin' Guns/smokinguns/maps" folder to see if the is a <mapname>.bsp. This is usually a good sign that the map was compiled ok.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby sWep » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Well, on my laptop with win7 i can't do it, but on PC with win xp 2007 prof. i can do it. I'm confused becouse i don't know what's bad on laptop and on PC same file everythink same and it's ok. :?
sWep
Newcomer

Postby Plates » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:02 pm

I was having alot of problems using windows 7 for Mapping and modeling until I learned about Windows 7's UAC protecting the '/program files' using it's "Virtual Store" (C:\Users\Your User name\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore" )

Try making a Folder called applications in your Docuements folder (or like C:\Users\Your User name\Programs) and putting everything related to creating content in there, Smokin guns folder, Radiant Folder, ect.

I don't know for sure if this will fix your problem you don't give alot of details about what's going on.
Plates
Pistolero

Return to Modelling & Animation

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel