With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Let's face it, SG could sure use some talented modellers.

Moderator: Joe Kari

misfit model

Postby James West » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:22 am

Hi everyone :D

i was just working with misfit model, and i have two problems :(

1.)when i add texture to a shape, it will apply texture to it, but when i try to add texture to a different shape it will take all texture away from the enire object and it will not let me re apply it

2.) when i try to save a model, it will say "unknown file type"

thx :)
James West
Drifter

Re: misfit model

Postby Pardner » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:51 pm

First I need to say that I have never even made an attempt at modeling, but I hope I can help.
James West wrote:1.)when i add texture to a shape, it will apply texture to it, but when i try to add texture to a different shape it will take all texture away from the enire object and it will not let me re apply it

I think models only use a single texture. So all shapes in a single model use the same texture. If you want a shape or a group of shapes to have a different texture, you will need to make a separate model. For instance, look at the player models or the weapon models. The head, the torso, and the legs are separate models. The head uses the head skin texture that has the hat, hair, face, etc on it.

You can map certain parts of a texture to certain shapes on your model. For instance the players hat and face is in the same texture, but are not together on the texture:
wq_male1_head.jpg

James West wrote:2.) when i try to save a model, it will say "unknown file type"

You are going to need to save the model as a .md3 if you don't have an md3 exported in Misfit, then you will need to get one or find a converter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Modelling & Animation

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel