With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
The place for eye candy.

Moderators: Joe Kari, Coup'George

Postby Granknight » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:30 pm

i can do that kaiyouw... which sort of landscape? what about the moon?

EDIT: for the renders i'll be using terragen 2, so if you want special features on the terrain or in the sky just tell me.
Granknight
Newcomer

Postby kaiyouw » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Nice, the landscape can be a regular one, mountains... the moon would be awesome, but i guess stars would be hard to do, cause it could look a little weird... anyway, you should do it =]
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but, based on a few of his other posts, I'm not so sure kaiyouw is a mapper. Anything specialized you make at his request is most likely something that he's merely hoping someone else will use. (Again, please forgive me if I'm mistaken.)

I would say anything that fits a western or mexican landscape would work. Maybe some landscapes that appear forested too? Check photos online for Utah, Nevada, Mexico, Arizona, California, Montana, Nebraska, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc.
I'd also like just a plain blue sky with a sun that's straight up. No terrain. This would be for a deep canyon style map where even spectators won't be able to see above the cliffs. A starry night version of such a sky would be appreciated as well. Probably with a full moon would be great.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Granknight » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Ok, red neckerson :).
I already worked on a sky-only night scenery, i'll post the results soon. (1024x1024)
Granknight
Newcomer

Postby Granknight » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:50 pm

The first render is ready... i have to fix the moon however, messed some things with the terrain.
edit: moon fixed. I hope it isn't too close to horizon however.
Last edited by Granknight on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Granknight
Newcomer

Postby kaiyouw » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Red, you are right, im not a mapper. As you said, I just hope someone can use this skybox. However Im starting to learn about map edditing, since Im on vacations now and I have some free time. My plan is to get my first map ready until the end of the year, if I dont have too much trouble learning.
kaiyouw
Gunslinger

Previous

Return to Texture Artists

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel