With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby Bodie » Sat May 30, 2009 12:04 pm

You can fix voting on kick so angry mob of dead people is able to remove the camper from the game.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Undertaker » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Being new to this game but playing others, in my opinion, some games you shouldn't camp, or are set to kill you if you do. This game however, a certain amount of camping seems natural, natural to the west where people hid behind objects, waiting for their targets etc... That said from what I've experienced is even if you are a person who camps too long, you are dog meat anyway. Especially to those who know the maps, the camping\hiding spots, it doesn't take long to kill a camper. I will sit in a spot for a bit and try to get some shots if I have the scope, move to another spot and go from there. Mainly, I just run around shooting, usually on the receiving end, but it's fun nonetheless.

I wondered when buying, if people can even see that I'm buying because I get shot every time lol. If there is a bubble up, I don't shoot "unless on accident". However, I noticed this in this game as well as others, even if I keep a sense of moral judgment not to shoot when someone has a bubble, it hasn't changed the fact I get shot in the back when running away from them. No good deed goes unpunished say ;)

I've seen this argument a thousand times and it seems to boil down to how you play, are you going to shoot the bubble? Are you going to walk away? Are there going to be campers? I think, in my honest opinion, it's best to just deal with it, play with your own morals and have fun because if there are strict rules in a shootout of any game, then it's not a game or having the freedom to play and have fun, which essentially worrying over it won't change how others play anyway.
Undertaker
Drifter

Postby SmokeyBacon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:27 am

Undertaker wrote:Being new to this game but playing others, in my opinion, some games you shouldn't camp, or are set to kill you if you do. This game however, a certain amount of camping seems natural, natural to the west where people hid behind objects, waiting for their targets etc... That said from what I've experienced is even if you are a person who camps too long, you are dog meat anyway. Especially to those who know the maps, the camping\hiding spots, it doesn't take long to kill a camper. I will sit in a spot for a bit and try to get some shots if I have the scope, move to another spot and go from there. Mainly, I just run around shooting, usually on the receiving end, but it's fun nonetheless.

I wondered when buying, if people can even see that I'm buying because I get shot every time lol. If there is a bubble up, I don't shoot "unless on accident". However, I noticed this in this game as well as others, even if I keep a sense of moral judgment not to shoot when someone has a bubble, it hasn't changed the fact I get shot in the back when running away from them. No good deed goes unpunished say ;)

I've seen this argument a thousand times and it seems to boil down to how you play, are you going to shoot the bubble? Are you going to walk away? Are there going to be campers? I think, in my honest opinion, it's best to just deal with it, play with your own morals and have fun because if there are strict rules in a shootout of any game, then it's not a game or having the freedom to play and have fun, which essentially worrying over it won't change how others play anyway.

The main problem is that the chat bubble and the buy bubble are the same. There is actually a separate bubble icon for buying which isn't actually used in the game. If the bubbles were distinguishable, I'd know when to shoot someone who takes to long to buy stuff and hasn't figured out binding weapons, or when not to shoot when someone is chatting or in the console!

BTW, binding weapons is really cool, you should start doing it. :wink:
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

well said

Postby El Loco » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 am

Undertaker wrote:Being new to this game but playing others, in my opinion, some games you shouldn't camp, or are set to kill you if you do. This game however, a certain amount of camping seems natural, natural to the west where people hid behind objects, waiting for their targets etc... That said from what I've experienced is even if you are a person who camps too long, you are dog meat anyway. Especially to those who know the maps, the camping\hiding spots, it doesn't take long to kill a camper. I will sit in a spot for a bit and try to get some shots if I have the scope, move to another spot and go from there. Mainly, I just run around shooting, usually on the receiving end, but it's fun nonetheless.

El Loco
Newcomer

Postby Sardonicus » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks for the guide Pardner, I have been playing for a little while and have just now discovered it, I am sure it will be a great help to me. I am particularly amazed that I have gone this long without figuring out the weapon binding thing... I think it's going to help a lot. Thanks again and maybe I'll see you ingame sometime.

~Peace
Sardonicus
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Note: This tutorial/guide was written back in the WQ3 days. The weapons have not changed and neither have the maps. The players are very very different now. Back then the game was played very slow, hide and seek. Now its very fast and with some very skilled players. Back then deathmatch was popular, now its bank robbery. Still, some of the points still hold true.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Boyzone » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Joe Kari wrote:IMO, chat killing is not fine, but buy killing is a part of the game. And some people buy ammunition during a fight, and even weapon (sometime I eventually buy a sawed-off when my pistols are empty, and my opponent start to run with a knife... of course if I will not complain if I get killed before I finish :P ).

you will run with a knife? what is the best knife you will use?
Boyzone
Newcomer

Re: Beginners Guide to Playing SG Multiplayer

Postby Itchy Finger » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:09 am

For me the things that really mattered were NOT STAYING STILL and leaving ALWAYS RUN ONNNNNNN!!!! lol at first I thought that was dumb and I took it off but that led to a excruciating experience :( But yea, the colt peacemaker is my favorite, the sawed-off is awesome at close range and try to have at least more then one bowie knife so that you can throw one for an instant kill when you run out of bullets. Lastly, treat yourself to a boiler plate...I do because I need all the protection I can get, lol.
An Itchy Finger is An Itchy Trigger :)
Itchy Finger
Drifter

Previous

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel