With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Smokin' Guns xFire League

Postby Pardner » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:17 pm

I might have jumped the gun a little bit, but I just couldn't stand it any longer. ;)

I have created a Smokin' Guns League on xFire for any xFire users who are interested. I figured we had a moddb account, a teamspeak channel, an IRC channel, a Fileplanet account, and a killer website.... why not have a xFire league. It's not a clan, and there will not be official matches (or at least I don't plan to). As of right now, the official game is Quake3, I could add WoP and UT if there is interest, and of course I will add SG when it comes out w00t!
It is just to get the SG name out there, and meet other friends ;) So, feel free to join-up
~Pard

http://www.xfire.com/clans/smokinguns/

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:05 am

Neat! I submitted my request to join. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Tequila » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:55 pm

:lol: Request submitted too... even if I can't xfire on my Linux station... maybe some day !!! 8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Great! 3 members so far. I'm beginning to think this was a good idea. This way, it will be easier to catch those stray SG users and hopefully get them hooked :)
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:13 pm

In preparation for the SA, I have started a thread on the xFire forums asking the dev team there to support our stand-alone game. If you use xFire or think you might want to use xFire, please post your support in this thread
http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1771735#1771735
I will also be sending out message to my friends and to the xFire League members.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:00 pm

I have come up with a temporary fix for having xFire work with Smokin' Guns. Maybe someone with more code experience could come up with something a little more permanent. (check this site out and see if there is any info)

Introduction
This tutorial will allow xFire users to run the xFire client while playing Smokin Guns. Your profile page will not reflect the Smokin' Guns game stats, but you will be able to message your friends and have voice chat while you play.
This is only a temporary fix. As soon as there is an xFire update, you will have to repeat this process.

Add Smokin Guns to xfire_games.ini
open "*/Xfire/xfire_games.ini" in wordpad and add the following to the end of the list:
Code: Select all
[9000_1]
LongName=Smokin' Guns
ShortName=SG
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Smokin' Guns Productions\Smokin' Guns\InstallPath
LauncherExe=smokinguns.exe
LauncherRconArgs=+rconpassword "%UA_GAME_RCON_PASSWORD%"
LauncherPasswordArgs=+password "%UA_GAME_HOST_PASSWORD%"
LauncherNetworkArgs=%UA_LAUNCHER_PASSWORD_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_RCON_ARGS% +connect %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT%
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
CommandLineMustNotContain[0]=+set fs_game q3ut4
ServerStatusType=SG
ServerGameName=smokinguns
ServerBroadcastPort=27960:4
InGameRenderer=OGL
InGameFlags=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT1
InGameOGLTextureOffset=32000
IdGameStatsClass=Q3 WinConsole
IdGameStatsCmd=name;
IdGameStatsTimer=60000
GameClientDataType=GAMESTATS
ParseIdClientSide=1
DisableRawUpload=1
RunElevated=1

Add Smokin Guns to xFire Client
If you installed Smokin' Guns via the "smokinguns.exe" then all you have to do is launch xFire and it will autodetect Smokin' Guns now.

If you used the zip file to install Smokin' Guns, launch the xFire client and click Tools/Options at the top of the client. Note: this is in different places for different xFire skins.
When the options menu opens, click the "Games" tab at the top as shown below:

After it finishes detecting your installed games, double click the "Not Installed" drop down menu and select "Smokin' Guns":
and finally, click the "Manual Setup" button, use the browse button to select your "Smokin' Guns" directory, click "Apply," and then click "OK"

Conclusion
Like I stated above, this is a temporary fix. If you want a permanent fix, post your support in this forum thread. If you see a mistake, or find a better way to have SG and xFire play nice together, feel free to post it.
Last edited by Pardner on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby torhu » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:09 am

Thanks!

SG does store the installation path in a registry key, so this will give you autodetection:

Code: Select all
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Smokin' Guns Productions\Smokin' Guns\InstallPath
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:37 am

Thanks torhu, i figured we wrote to the registry, but I didn't know how to find it. I was counting on someone like you to correct me :wink:

I updated the tutorial to reflect torhu's information.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ClintEisGod » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:29 am

[b]Thanks for the info man, i just did this and i just applied to the league, thank you very much.
ClintEisGod
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:22 am

Awesome! Thanks for the post on xFire's forums too.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Yes, I am digging up an old forum thread, but hey maybe it will spark some interest!

The SG xFire league has 19 members now, but Smokin' Guns still does't not have xFire support (help out by posting here).

The main reason I am posting here is to advertise my xfire signature script I kludged together from the xfireparser.class.php (here) and the xfireplus code (here). The xfireparser.class.php is mainly used to create a new profile page using the xfire xml pages (see link above). The code from xfireplus is used to make a cool xfire signature, but it does not use the xfire xml. So, I managed to merge the two, so my script pareses the xfire xml, then makes a cool little signature.

Still cleaning up the code and the package, but if anyone wants my code I would be more than willing to email it to them. I am still waiting to hear back from the author before I host the files publicly.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 am

just joined the Xfire League, and I have a friend who I'm sure will join.
Thanks Pardner for making the League :D
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:22 am

Be sure you and all your frients post in this thread:
http://www.xfire.com/forums/182627/topic/1250355/

You dont have to say much (SUPPORT! will do fine) if we get enough people posting in the thread, xFire will add SG to the games list!
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 am

We should mention this in news posts. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:20 am

Smokin' Guns is now officially supported in XFire
Pardner
SG Team

Next

Return to Saloon