With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

ideia for new game mode

Postby htmlsam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:43 pm

i was playing last night and i had the ideia of a new game type :) a cooperative play against bots with a final boss at the end of the level :P
like the sheriff coming to town to whip out the bad guys :P of course it reminds me of the demo of the lucas game "outlaws" :P
htmlsam
Newcomer

Postby Breli » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Welcome to the forum :)

Hey, thats a new one! This variant wasn't proposed before AFAIK. But, there is the problem with the bots ... they are not at all bossy :D and barely qualify as cannon fodder. Not to mention their ability (or lack thereof) to play sensible in a group.

So we have to do this with humans then (not bad at all) ... with Pardner or Joe Kari being the boss for each round (very bad. trust me) :lol:

This is basically Round Teamplay then, right?

Keep the ideas coming!

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby htmlsam » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:11 pm

sort of yes. i was playing it when i got the ideia but to revamp it :P
htmlsam
Newcomer

Postby Kouma » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:17 am

This game mode is called co-op

I played this mode of game with some guys in Outlaws (yes we still playing that online) and its very fun! SG developers for sure must consieder this idea.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:01 am

If you start the game & choose "create server" in the multiplayer screen, you can load up one team with bots. Then your friends can connect & join the other team with you. So you see, co-op is already possible for TDM, RTP & BR game modes. (Although the bots don't know how to attack the bank in BR. Still, they make decent defenders if you set their skill level high.)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby htmlsam » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:28 am

my ideia was a linear storytelling across maps having human team against single player maps with money making system at the start of the map for each "episode" :) with a mix of nps in it :P like having to shoot out the bad guys in the middle of a town full of inocent people :S
htmlsam
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:35 am

Ok, sounds like a good idea but a lot of work. SG needs more people who can contribute. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby haraldx » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:55 pm

hey, but what about a game-mode where all players start as Outlaws. after like 5 seconds a Sheriff is chosen by the server. Sheriff gets a Ammo Belt, Boiler plate one peacmaker and any weapon of his choice (bought as an outlaw) he has also got 125 HP instead of 100 like the outlaws.

the outlaws have to wipe out the sheriff and vice-versa once an outlaw has been wiped out. he goes as a spectator. the whole outlaw team gets +5dollars for killing the sheriff but the one who killed it, gets 10 dollars.

something like that.
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby Joe Kari » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:32 pm

@ haraldx:
I have had a similar idea (I guess I post that in some private place of the forum), but with different rules. Somewhere in the map, there is a sheriff star. The guy that get that star become the new sheriff while others remains outlaws. Every time the sheriff kill an outlaw he get 1 point. He get one point too every 15 seconds. When an outlaw kill the sheriff, the star is dropped and someone else can grab it and become the new sheriff. Only the sheriff gain point. It could be called "Shoot the Sheriff" ;)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Kouma » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:20 pm

Joe Kari wrote:@ haraldx:
I have had a similar idea (I guess I post that in some private place of the forum), but with different rules. Somewhere in the map, there is a sheriff star. The guy that get that star become the new sheriff while others remains outlaws. Every time the sheriff kill an outlaw he get 1 point. He get one point too every 15 seconds. When an outlaw kill the sheriff, the star is dropped and someone else can grab it and become the new sheriff. Only the sheriff gain point. It could be called "Shoot the Sheriff" ;)

There's a game mode just like that in OL. It's called Kill the Fool with the Chicken (KFC). The basic idea is just like Joe's one, but you change the sheriff star for a chicken :P. Who keeps the chicken for the longest time wins.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Breli » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:53 pm

I like the "shoot the sheriff" idea :) ... maybe spiced up a little with a (configurable) number of deputies. That could bring some interesting gameplay with changing alliances, switching sides and roles ...

Now you guys start coding I say :lol:

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Its like "Juggernaut" mode in Halo. Make the sheriff more powerful than the other players. Who ever shoots the sheriff becomes the new sheriff. The winner is the one who stays the sheriff the longest. :D

Pardner
SG Team

Postby CoolHand » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Pardner wrote:Its like "Juggernaut" mode in Halo. Make the sheriff more powerful than the other players. Who ever shoots the sheriff becomes the new sheriff. The winner is the one who stays the sheriff the longest. :D

Maybe the sherriff could "heal" a bit. A few points every ten seconds or something....
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby Dixon Five » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:55 pm

It's also just like Jedi Master in JKII.

Set it so that only the Sheriff player can buy weapons. Gives them a chance.
Dixon Five
Newcomer

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel