With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Thanks, and PING!

Postby lochok » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Howdy

Ladies and Gents, congrads on a fantastic game. I've been playing (online but only on a LAN with a small group of friends) since Western Quake 3 - for quite some time, and you guys have done a fantastic job. We've spent quite some hours in front of screens playing it!

Online is much better though. Any chance of anybody starting an Australian server soon? 300+ pings hurt real bad!
----
I play Smokin' Guns as 'Mad Dog'. Nobody calls me Mad Dog!
lochok
Newcomer

Postby Breli » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Welcome to the forum friend and thanks for the praise :)

So far, we rarely see Aussies around these parts (at least as far as we know) :? so a ANZ server might not be up and running any time soon. But, maybe, if you do a little advertising there might be enough interest down there some time :)

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby sparcdr » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:38 pm

I was working with my friend rage on an Australian server, but it's not going to happen in a timely fashion as bandwidth is expensive over there. What I need is a rough estimate of concurrent users and what ping is playable for you before I can determine how many slots, because Australian servers quote on gb used even if it's only domestic users, and there is no such thing as an unmetered line there. We cannot obviously afford to setup shop, but my friends may be able to help. If there's any progress I'll be sure to make it known.
sparcdr
SG Team

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel