With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Suggestions for a SG update?

Postby Kouma » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:13 pm

I have seen recently many topics with suggestions for SG, and i read somewhere that a SG patch is being considered. Well, I have some suggestions in case of that become true:

- First, I think this game really needs a minimize (alt-tab) support. Its very annoying needing to exit the game (in fullscreen) every time you need to check for something while playing;

- I had some other suggestions, but I forgot (lol) sorry. :|

I'll post them here when I rembember.

By the way, you all made a VERY nice work with this stand alone version. I always wanted to play WQ3, but i never found the Quake 3 Arena game...
And SG is becoming very popular :D . Yesterday I just found a download link for it in our most popular brazilian download site!
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby MisterX » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Entering windowed mode by pressing Alt+Enter also enables you to Alt+Tab out of the game. But whenever you change to windowed and back the game has to reload, which is still a bit annoying.

As I've mentioned before, I only know of a little tool for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (that's also based on the Quake 3 engine), which lets you minimize the game using a specified key combination. I'd guess that this can work for any game based on the q3 engine, so maybe something like that tool could be added to SG :)
MisterX
Pistolero

Re: Suggestions for a SG update?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Kouma wrote:Yesterday I just found a download link for it in our most popular brazilian download site!

Do they have a news story too? Could you post the link?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Kouma » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:44 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Do they have a news story too? Could you post the link?

Here it is, but its in portuguese... http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/smokin’-guns.htm

It has already 830 downloads!
Kouma
Shootist

Postby DeUgli » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Kouma wrote:Here it is, but its in portuguese... http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/smokin’-guns.htm
I remember some time back (pre-SA) when we had some Brazilians trying to play on RAWHIDE but their pings were awful. I hope they'll be able to set up their own servers there. I noticed there's a server in Argentina now.
Irgendeiner wartet immer.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Kouma » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:46 pm

DeUgli wrote:I remember some time back (pre-SA) when we had some Brazilians trying to play on RAWHIDE but their pings were awful.

My ping is awful too :(
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Kouma » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:55 am

Ok, new suggestion. You could add also a permanent ban voting, in the case of some (sorry for the word) assholes who think its fun annoying the other players and keeps coming back when he's kicked. I just experienced that in Deviant Pointer server and that got in my nervers. Hope you all take some providences. Sorry for the bad mood, but he made me get in REAL BAD mood. :x

Kouma.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:19 am

Kouma wrote:I just experienced that in Deviant Pointer server and that got in my nervers.

I have met him in that server as well. (I'm sure it's the same guy.) You should ask the admin to investigate. Personally, I just ignore him or play somewhere else. I have to admit though, it's great fun firing both barrels of the sawed-off shotgun right in his zit-covered face. He's just a trash talking child with mediocre skills. Probably not even old enough to have hair anywhere but his head & eyebrows. :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby mugenmidget » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:21 am

Kouma wrote:Ok, new suggestion. You could add also a permanent ban voting, in the case of some (sorry for the word) assholes who think its fun annoying the other players and keeps coming back when he's kicked. I just experienced that in Deviant Pointer server and that got in my nervers. Hope you all take some providences. Sorry for the bad mood, but he made me get in REAL BAD mood. :x

Kouma.
I think that could be pretty handy. But maybe something like a 2 hour tempban instead would be better to put in the voters hands. So if the guy was "wrongly accused" he'll at least have a chance to come back later while at the same time it'll prevent you from having to call a vote to kick the same person over and over.
My gosh, that's too cheap!
mugenmidget
Drifter

Postby Kouma » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:25 am

mugenmidget wrote:I think that could be pretty handy. But maybe something like a 2 hour tempban instead would be better to put in the voters hands.

Yes... thats definitly the right way to do it... now that I calmed down I can see that... thanks, mugenmidget!
Kouma
Shootist

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:20 am

Kouma wrote: in the case of some (sorry for the word) assholes who think its fun annoying the other players and keeps coming back

I think the same guy was just now on Rawhide! :x
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 am

Let's keep this topic on track. For banning jerks see this post:

viewtopic.php?p=11360#11360
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:28 pm

Kouma wrote:You could add also a permanent ban voting,

But what will happen if a team of @=}* join a server and call a vote to ban you permanently ? I have been already kicked by 3 poor guys that want to play only versus each other and kick everyone else joining the game (and of course, this happened on a public server they don't own). Gang voting could have dramatic effect.

However, I understand that you are angry, and I probably saw the same stupid guy on RAWHIDE yesterday. A good new feature could be a "/mute" command (that could be voted too), that turn off chating, voting, and calling a vote, for someone that is especially boring.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel