With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Split money?

Postby Equilibrium » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:30 pm

I don't know if this was discussed, but I was wondering if splitting money based on how much damage each person does to someone who was killed has been considered. I find it kind of weird that you could do 99 damage to someone, but if someone else does the last 1 damage, they get all the money.

I was also wondering why the scope can only be used on the sharps rifle. I never buy rifles as it is (I'm a shotgun kind of guy), but I might consider buying them more often if I could put a scope on any one of the 3 rifles.

Very fun game by the way. There's too many servers that are just deathmatch though. I prefer playing as a team.
Equilibrium
Newcomer

Postby Breli » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums 8)

IIRC we never discussed splitting the money according to damage percentage or so. Frankly, I don't like the idea and I think it is not really necessary. There is no way a game like this can be balanced out completely. Sometimes, you get lucky and "steal" a kill sometimes others do. It all evens out in the grand scheme of things :)

Concerning servers: We used to have DM servers only. Now with the SA we recognize a much, much bigger interest for team modes, particularly BR. There are quite a few servers which run BR now so you should be fine with that.

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Equilibrium » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Breli wrote:Concerning servers: We used to have DM servers only. Now with the SA we recognize a much, much bigger interest for team modes, particularly BR. There are quite a few servers which run BR now so you should be fine with that.

Yeah, I was actually turned to this game by Beergarden, which runs multiple servers for different games, and luckily recently put up a BR server. I like it a lot, but most of the time I see the highest concentration of people on DM servers.
Equilibrium
Newcomer

Postby Breli » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:44 pm

if you are in for BR I recommend to check out the french Jeuxlinux.fr server. They seem to play BR 24/7 8)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Re: Split money?

Postby Tequila » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Equilibrium wrote:I don't know if this was discussed, but I was wondering if splitting money based on how much damage each person does to someone who was killed has been considered. I find it kind of weird that you could do 99 damage to someone, but if someone else does the last 1 damage, they get all the money.

Hi,
I would prefer the money is just dropped on the floor like other items and so you will have to be the first to get it. But snippers won't love that kind of feature :D
Maybe be that could be another server game option ?
Tequila
SG Team

Postby vape » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:43 am

I think it'd be nice for money to be split according to how much damage you did to the enemy, also I'm positive that Equi lives in the U.S. so French servers will most likely cause some lag problems.
vape
Newcomer

Re: Split money?

Postby Equilibrium » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:12 am

Yeah, even though it's unlagged, I still see my performance dipping when I play on the French server. Also, can someone answer this question for me. I don't think anyone saw it.

Equilibrium wrote:I was also wondering why the scope can only be used on the sharps rifle. I never buy rifles as it is (I'm a shotgun kind of guy), but I might consider buying them more often if I could put a scope on any one of the 3 rifles.
Equilibrium
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:11 pm

That's just the way ICI made it & we never changed it.

As for splitting money, I dunno. I realize we're talking about a game here, but that's not how it happened in the old west ...unless you robbed a bank with somebody.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:20 pm

It might be that is the way they were in history? I can't say for sure if you could/would mount a scope on the other rifles though (more of a six shooter gun buff myself).

Btw, hi Equilibrium, I'm rep at Beer-garden (sometimes Tombstone rep in SG now sometimes Dadamungo so others know me). Long story short I started playing this a long time ago with my very small children and they chose the name :)

I think The Horsemen would like the cash split feature (until he steals one ;) )
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby Pardner » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:44 pm

I would like to see a new game mode where the only money reward is dropped when a player dies. The object of the game is to collect the most money.
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel