With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Player Models

Postby DEAD_MAN_WALKING » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:29 pm

First off what what a really great game 8) reminds me a bit of when i used to play the mod Wild West for RTCW years ago.

anyway

Just one Question really is there anyway of using custom Player Models that ive collected over the years for Quake 3 Arena, as i have a dead cowboy :lol: and a Indian which i think would be cool to play with in Smokin' Guns. Ive tried to add them to \baseq3 directory but without look, they work fine in world of Padman and other Quake 3 mods.

Anyway keep up the excellent work on this excellent game and thank you.
DEAD_MAN_WALKING
Newcomer

Postby /dev/random » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:45 pm

I think SG uses a slightly different folder structure. I'll have a look at that.
I assume you know that you can't use them on online-servers anyways?

Edit: I think you'll have some troubles porting these models. SG uses different skins for the different health states of a character. Copying the same skin for all the states might work.

Models go into.wq3_players/subdir. I don't know what the .hit files are good for, but they seem to be player independant. Sounds go into sound/player.
Unpack sg_pak0.pk3 to see what the files must look like. That's all for now :)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby DEAD_MAN_WALKING » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:22 am

Thanks /dev/random thats what i thoght :(

But hey maybe some one can come up with some kind of tutorial for SG Player Models in the future as im all ready to give it ago. :lol:
DEAD_MAN_WALKING
Newcomer

Postby =Chico= » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:31 pm

As far as I know, the game was tailored for a more authentic feel of the spaghetti western experience and tries to remain true to the era. So I don't know that SG team would ever go for public custom models. That's not to say that maybe you could have your own show up client side.
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Dixon Five » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 pm

If true, then they're gonna need more.
If I want to play Attack of the Clones, I'll go back to JK2.
Dixon Five
Newcomer

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel