With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Clan competition in SG ?

Postby mLy! » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi everybody,
I play this game a lot, but always on the jeuxlinux.fr server.

I would like to suggest to start playing competition in this game to make it more interesting.
Also, I think having a competition will make it more attractive for people to start playing this game.

What I would like to suggest is to start with a normal ladder. I think this game can best be played in a 4vs4 and 2vs2 format on bankrobbery mode.

There are several website were we could create a ladder, one of them is clanbase.com, where you can start a petition to start a ladder, but then we woul ned a lot of votes, 150+

Having a clan competition could really boost this game I think, I hope someone can make this happen!
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi mLy!
We have run two annual competition so far. A Duel mode tournament and a Bank Robbery tournament. I can be sure we will run another on.... (keep a look out this spring)

Last year I spoke with Lethal and Red about setting up a standing ladder. Lethal found some very good options, but the SA release was higher priority. Maybe after this springs tournament we can get something worked out for standing ladders.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby mLy! » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:38 pm

ok nice.

I have been playing in clan competition for a long time, and when I talk to online friends of mine and tell them they have to try it, the first thing they ask me is "Does it have clan competition".
When I say no, most of them don't even bother downloading the game...
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Howdy mLy!

Yes, a competition ladder style section for the website is something that was already being worked on. But like Pardner said, L3th4l had to stop working on it so he could take care of more important things. But I believe it will happen eventually. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Like Pard and ReD have said. I'm working on a Ladder/Tournament website specifically for Smokin' Guns. I don't have an exact ETA on it but I can say sometime this year :wink:
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Re: Clan competition in SG ?

Postby DeUgli » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 pm

mLy! wrote:Having a clan competition could really boost this game I think, I hope someone can make this happen!
In the meantime, you could form a small clan and challenge other clans to informal matches. Something more organized might develop from that.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Re: Clan competition in SG ?

Postby mLy! » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:04 pm

DeUgli wrote:
mLy! wrote:Having a clan competition could really boost this game I think, I hope someone can make this happen!
In the meantime, you could form a small clan and challenge other clans to informal matches. Something more organized might develop from that.

Clan matches are very difficult on the current version of SG. Some kind of 'pro' mode would be nice where you can disable spectators and have a ready up system before the round starts.

And more problematic, I don't have any private server to start playing matches
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby ChainLightnin' » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Using DeUgli's good suggestion, couldn't a couple clans anyway use team deathmatch, and have a good time? (How about a clan of guys who actually saw Fistfull of Dollars when it first came to the theatres!) 8O
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Number 6 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:36 pm

ChainLightnin' wrote:Using DeUgli's good suggestion, couldn't a couple clans anyway use team deathmatch, and have a good time? (How about a clan of guys who actually saw Fistfull of Dollars when it first came to the theatres!) 8O

I like that idea; I was born in 1958 and my Dad took me to all The Dollars Movies! 8) Let me know when you put that group together, I'd love to join! :)
Be Seeing You! :D
"At some time, in some place, all of you held positions of a secret nature and had knowledge invaluable to an enemy. Like me, you are here, either to have that knowledge protected or extracted."
Number 6
Drifter

Postby mLy! » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:13 pm

team deathmatch is not really interesting for clan competition.

Bank robbery is the way to go
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby ChrisEU » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Yes, BR is better. :roll:
And SwD is interested to join the fights !
ChrisEU
Drifter

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel