With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby Sucalakafufu » Thu May 21, 2009 12:08 pm

dowoshek wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:the only problem with hats is over long distances one may not be able to tell what color hat it is for sure....

That's a point for realism - just like in live. OTOH it'd not be fair for players using old hardware with lower resolution and less details (like me ;) ), but for them there could be still an option of using the red cross additionaly.

oo right it makes sense to not be able to tell sometimes.. lol forgot about realism...
so wait i didnt think we were saying replace the red crosses with something.. i thot it was more.. different hats or skins to go with the red crosses?
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Redwing » Thu May 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Forcing player models (available in the Options menu) is easier than changing anything, I think. All Lawmen have the black suit, all Outlaws have light brown shirt. Still, the X is a bit finicky. It doesn't show though glass, for one.
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby torhu » Fri May 22, 2009 1:35 am

The red X is supposed to work through a single layer of glass, but it doesn't go further than that. Could probably be fixed if it's a problem. :)
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Redwing » Fri May 22, 2009 2:36 am

torhu wrote:The red X is supposed to work through a single layer of glass, but it doesn't go further than that. Could probably be fixed if it's a problem. :)

It doesn't go through some plates of glass for me. It hasn't been a problem yet, but I've broken a lot of glass in vain and scared some teammates.
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby dowoshek » Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 pm

So... is there ANY way to set different models for teammates and enemies (for example Clint for teammates and Jane for enemies)? Something like cg_forceTeamModel "x" and cg_forceEnemyModel "y"?
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Wed May 27, 2009 4:30 pm

dowoshek wrote:So... is there ANY way to set different models for teammates and enemies (for example Clint for teammates and Jane for enemies)? Something like cg_forceTeamModel "x" and cg_forceEnemyModel "y"?

no(t yet [?])

---

only /cg_forcemodel 1 possible so far

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Lucky Bro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:40 am

Since there is upcoming 1.1 version, may be we should update current team models skins a bit? There are no programming skills required, just only textureing..
May be just put some details to current skins? Like outlaws have some red and lawmen some blue lines.. or something like that? It will be a nice additional to upcoming 1.1. version.
Of cource, if there is no enemymadel Cvar upcoming.. But I think there is no :)
Last edited by Lucky Bro on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby RailedRobin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:55 pm

I like the idea with different colored hats, seems a bit classic (in a western manner of speaking).
I also like Lucky Bros idea, maybe have a red sash on the outlaws and a blue sash on the lawmen or similar. This could be done either by just a simple retexturing, or by acually add a sash to the model, which would be more demanding of course.
A bullet may have your name on it, but dynamite is addressed "to whom it may concern."
RailedRobin
Quick Draw

Postby Nixito » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:28 pm

I really don't see the issue with telling teams apart... with the exception of one model the one team is all in brown outfits, and the other is in all black outfits. The only exception is the mexican model, which is in all white on the black team, and wears a vest on the brown team. Try playing a few games with your focus being telling the different teams apart, and it'll become second nature to you. I don't even pay attention to the red X anymore, and my only TKs are just from being too jumpy.
Nixito
Drifter

Previous

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel