With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Gameplay changes for a better Smokin' Guns

Postby mLy! » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi,
These are my suggestions wich could make SG a lot better IMO. Only talking about Bankrobbery mode

- when time out happens, the defending team should receive a point and not 0 points for both teams

- Stopwatch mode: team A attacks and team B defends. Team A robs the bank in time xx:xx. Now team B needs to attack and try and set a better time to win. If team B beats the time (robs the bank faster) they get one point.
This is how we play clan competition in games like RTCW and Enemy Territory and many more

-Warm up time before the round begins. Not long, but like 10 seconds time to join a team (if the first round) or the possibility to allready buy your weapons for the upcoming round.

- A pause option, also for clan matches, if a player lags out or crashes.

- A spectator lock option, also for clanmaches, so you spectators cannot spec the players, also flies should be disabled obviously.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby /dev/random » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 pm

There are options for the flies and spectators.

The first point has been mentioned (and solved) elsewhere in the forum.

It is hard to impossible to pause or freeze the game. In a clan match you should be able to rely on the players to wait ;)
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby mLy! » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 pm

/dev/random wrote:The first point has been mentioned (and solved) elsewhere in the forum.

It is hard to impossible to pause or freeze the game. In a clan match you should be able to rely on the players to wait ;)

Solved how? you mean for the next patch?

And for the pause, they did it in RtCW and ET (also quake 3 engine games) with mods, OSP for rtcw for example, maybe the dev team can take a look there :)
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Re: Gameplay changes for a better Smokin' Guns

Postby Pardner » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:34 pm

mLy! wrote:- when time out happens, the defending team should receive a point and not 0 points for both teams

See here: viewtopic.php?t=1459

mLy! wrote:- A spectator lock option, also for clanmaches, so you spectators cannot spec the players, also flies should be disabled obviously.

Right now we have these cvars:
g_specsareflies "1" // 0 = off, 1 = on -Enables or disables spectators being flies
g_chaseonly "0" // 0 = off, 1 = on - Enables or disables free spectator mode.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby mLy! » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:22 pm

ok, but thats not implemented on al servers.

And how about the stopwatch idea ?
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Re: Gameplay changes for a better Smokin' Guns

Postby CoolHand » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:47 pm

mLy! wrote:- Stopwatch mode: team A attacks and team B defends. Team A robs the bank in time xx:xx. Now team B needs to attack and try and set a better time to win. If team B beats the time (robs the bank faster) they get one point.

That sounds cool. It can be fun in ET when I've done it. It might be even better in SG, as I don't think a BR usually takes as long as a map on ET.

mLy! wrote:-Warm up time before the round begins. Not long, but like 10 seconds time to join a team (if the first round) or the possibility to allready buy your weapons for the upcoming round.

That idea sounds very good to me. I'm frequently not getting into a BR game when I join a server, or a map restarts, and have to sit and watch a whole round (which is really irritating when it's slow stupid bots playing). Plus, just having a couple seconds to acclimate yourself is very helpful.
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby Murphy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Stopwatch mode is great because balancing issues are canceled out that way. UT2004's Assault mode is played like that as well.
I 2nd this. :)
Murphy
Pistolero

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel