With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Can I talk about the "Pink Elephant" in the Room?.

Postby Number 6 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:46 am

Howdy Friends! In playing SG, there is nothing more frustrating to me than joining a server that is a straight Deathmatch, and finding when you round a corner there are 3 or more players standing there waiting for YOU!!!

Now I enjoy this game as much as the rest of you folks, but if you want a TEAM Deathmatch, just call a VOTE!(By the way a vote that everyone can participate in, not just a select few by cellphone...)

Although I appreciate the great attention that seem to come my way in the encounter I have described, it's tough when you can take out 2 of the 3 players only to have the 3rd perform the Coup de Grace on YOU!!! Nuff Said...... I welcome your comments!

Be Seeing You! :D
"At some time, in some place, all of you held positions of a secret nature and had knowledge invaluable to an enemy. Like me, you are here, either to have that knowledge protected or extracted."
Number 6
Drifter

Re: Can I talk about the "Pink Elephant" in the Ro

Postby CoolHand » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 am

Number 6 wrote:
Although I appreciate the great attention that seem to come my way in the encounter I have described, it's tough when you can take out 2 of the 3 players only to have the 3rd perform the Coup de Grace on YOU!!! Nuff Said...... I welcome your comments!

Hey, Josey Wales could handle it, so what's the problem? :P
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 am

It's not uncommon for me to be in a really good hiding spot then see two guy round the corner & not shoot at each other. Next thing you know one leads & the other follows. Irritating in dm mode for sure. Depending on the map, I usually switch tactics & start trying to take them both out at once with dyno traps or something. :evil:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby CoolHand » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:55 am

Sometimes when I let my 8 year old on to play, he'll try to team up with people.... So if you see someone called 'Wild Will' and wanting to team up in DM mode, keep that in mind :lol:
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby ChainLightnin' » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:24 am

Well, Josie had two Colt Walkers, an 1861 Colt Navy, an 1849 Colt Pocket, ....and Lone Wadie! :lol:
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby CoolHand » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:29 pm

ChainLightnin' wrote:Well, Josie had two Colt Walkers, an 1861 Colt Navy, an 1849 Colt Pocket, ....and Lone Wadie! :lol:

Yeah, but all Lone Wadie had was a piece of hard rock candy, and it wasn't for eatin', it was just for lookin' thru! :)
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:00 am

LOL, reckon so!
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Re: Can I talk about the "Pink Elephant" in the Ro

Postby Breli » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Number 6 wrote:Howdy Friends! In playing SG, there is nothing more frustrating to me than joining a server that is a straight Deathmatch, and finding when you round a corner there are 3 or more players standing there waiting for YOU!!!

I saw that a couple of times as well. However, I didn't mind. It was actually fun (and an increased challenge!) for me. I even noticed that I played much better and much more concentrated ... much to their dismay :D
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:12 pm

I sometimes spare people I know well. Especially if they are very newbie players or say "Hi" back to me when I join. :-)
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Redwing » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:39 pm

rane wrote:I sometimes spare people I know well. Especially if they are very newbie players or say "Hi" back to me when I join. :-)

I've met up with some newbies learning the game controls and mechanics and stuff and I meet up with them to give them a Sharps so I can teach them how to work a scope :lol: Of course once I leave I'll pull out some Peacemakers and headshot them from across the map just to show them who's boss :lol: :lol: ... then a player like Chilli does the same to me for the same reason :roll:
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Lucky Bro » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Heh, here is my 5 cents, Number 6.

When I started to play (it was on January or February) I played with my bro on some lonely server (just to get the feeling from the game). And then some tough guy connected to us (may be it was Ugly, but I'm not sure). And we started to lose. I mean the score was about 15:8:7. So, I decided not to shoot my bro. Seems bro decided the same. And after few minutes of play I said to tough guy:
"Hey! It's like you are hero and we are two bandits". He said "Indeed. But really bad hero :)". So, he actually get the idea.
And he won this time. And he wasn't angry on us 'cos he said "thx for game" as well as we said the same. Ah, too bad I can't recall his name now.
But other times we play with bro against each other 'cos it really helps us to increase our skills (in DM I mean). But if one day I'll decide to play TDM in DM - be sure I'll let you know it through in-game chat. And you're always free to ask.

I think if everybody is awared of union in DM and no one have anything against - it's ok. If there is fun - let it be.
But actually in my opinion you can't kick players for that reason. And I'll explain why. In DM your goal to kill any player you meet. Because that's the way you score frag. If you decide for any reason not to kill someone - that your lost frag. Yeah, game will be much complicated in the case when everyone against you. But you'll learn much more in this case. Get skilled.
Still that's just my opinion and advise (from high of two months playing :)).
See you on the field ;)
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel