With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Braggin' Rights

Postby Redwing » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:15 am

Well we can't all be like Futsin and record our matches, and the game doesn't have post-match replay saves (although I noted that Futsin said you guys might be working on it?). Anyways, sans all that, some of us still have some pretty nice kills we'd like to brag about I'm sure! I'd like to hear some really great Smokin' Guns moments.

My personal favorite: Playing on the Santa Fe Express, I was down by 10 or so and getting rather frustrated at my seeming inability to pull out of a slump. So I did what I always do when I'm frustrated, I bought 10 sticks of Dynamite :D But I saw the platform approaching (I had just spawned at the coal car) and decided to mix things up a bit. Lighting a fuse I jumped on the platform. I threw one stick towards the bank car as it sailed past, lit another and threw it on an open platform behind it. Quickly as I could I tried to hop back on the train before it passed (although sadly I did not make it! :cry: ) Still, the next thing I knew, there on the top of the screen is "Redwing killed [player] with Dynamite! ... Redwing killed [player] with Dynamite!" I nearly fell out of my chair with amazement that it actually worked!

So how about it? I'm sure you all have some great stories to tell!
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Pardner » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 am

7 kills in under a minute:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wF4Vc8-COVg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wF4Vc8-COVg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

one time I was playing br_CoyoteBluff and two robbers were running across the upper railroad bridge and I was right by the shack. I shot them both with my peacemakers and they fell off opposite sides of the bridge at the same time :!:

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:02 am

My most memorable moment isn't kill related. I was on top of the Durango bank & a friend of mine (L!cE) was heading into the bank with a lit stick of dynamite. He saw me on the roof & chucked the dyno at me while at a full run. I quickly took aim with my Winchester shotgun & hit the dynamite exploding it between us... & neither of us took damage. It was an incredible moment & I wish like hell I had a demo of it. :cry: It was highlight material for sure.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:00 pm

The only demo and video I made so far is this one :D

/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Bodie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 pm

My Durango demo is on the front page. :-)
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Bromden » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:36 am

Happened about an hour ago:

Stepping out at a corner, I spotted two fellas in close combat, mid / far distance from me.
I needed no more: I grabbed my Remington and emptied it at them (with rapid fire, of course :wink:).

I didn't hit 'em, and it didn't suprise me a bit.
But all three of us were surprised by the one thing I did hit:
one of the dudes' dynamite, mid-air, exactly between em...

Two kills for Lady Luck :lol:
Bromden
Newcomer

Postby Ugly » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:52 am

Most memorable moment was defending on Coyote Bluff. Two colts fully loaded I jumped out to ambush the attackers as they got ready to set the dynamite for the rock. A quick flurry of shots later and I'd taken out the entire team and emptied both guns in the process.

If only I could pull that kind of thing off on demand.

I always like the kills where your first shot takes down an enemy whilst your second hit the dynamite he just dropped propelling his team mate into the air. Sadly there's no time for laughing in this game.
Ugly
Pistolero

Postby Kouma » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:35 am

Bromden wrote:Stepping out at a corner, I spotted two fellas in close combat, mid / far distance from me.
I needed no more: I grabbed my Remington and emptied it at them (with rapid fire, of course :wink:).

I didn't hit 'em, and it didn't suprise me a bit.
But all three of us were surprised by the one thing I did hit:
one of the dudes' dynamite, mid-air, exactly between em...

I think I was one of those guys... damn luck, I need some of it.

Well, a very good kill I can remember now was when I took out a about 4-5 players team with only ONE stick of dyno. Well, DUCK YOU SUCKERS :D
This was at Mexico, of course, in my favorite corner :wink:
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Redwing » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:54 am

Had some nice fun kills today. For one, I jumped off a roof with my dual Peacemakers, hit a man (Painkiller, I believe his sn was) twice in the chest at the height of the jump just as he was turning up to face me and unload his Lightening. I wish the faces of the models in this game would mimic the face of the player; I would have liked to have seen that! :lol:

Lately the Peacemakers have been good to me. Firing both at the same time I've had many a 1-hit-kill. Maybe my aim has improved :D
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Kouma » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:59 am

Redwing wrote:For one, I jumped off a roof with my dual Peacemakers, hit a man (Painkiller, I believe his sn was) twice in the chest at the height of the jump just as he was turning up to face me and unload his Lightening.

Yes, then a big "Redwing: MIDAIR" appeared at screen. You even thanked the guy for providing you the best kill in your life lol
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Kouma » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 am

By the way...

THEY DUCK!!! LEARN WITH THEM!!!
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Redwing » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 am

Kouma wrote:
Redwing wrote:For one, I jumped off a roof with my dual Peacemakers, hit a man (Painkiller, I believe his sn was) twice in the chest at the height of the jump just as he was turning up to face me and unload his Lightening.

Yes, then a big "Redwing: MIDAIR" appeared at screen. You even thanked the guy for providing you the best kill in your life lol

Most Epic was my description actually. I was pumped! :lol:
DeviantArt|Music
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Bromden » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:38 am

Kouma wrote:I think I was one of those guys... damn luck, I need some of it.

Yep, it was you alright... and I believe that the dynamite was yours originally :D .

I just love those moments when I'm sneaking around like a ninja indian on a warpath, then suddenly a stick with a glowing end appears from nowhere in front of me, and I've only got time to say fu[BOOM]... :P

Death can be pretty funny in Smokin' Guns.
Bromden
Newcomer

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel