With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

hi there western freaks

Postby ilikewestern » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 am

hello

i just want to ask, is there any new updates/patches planing for Smokin Guns?becouse many ppl's and me love that game and want a new update
thanks
ilikewestern
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 am

Welcome to the forums!

Tequila has been working on back porting Smokin' Guns to the ioQ3 engine. You can find details here in this thread The SG team has started a few new maps, but I don't think they will make it into the next patch release.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby sparcdr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:08 pm

The only definitive thing we promise is a newer engine and better codebase, but I'm the Windows Build Maintainer, meaning I make sure it compiles on Windows, is optimized for the platform, and solve issues specific to it. I also provide binaries based on SVN snapshots on my mirror if you are feeling lucky and want to try them, they still work multiplayer, but the release will be a repack with new files which affect the way the UI works. Needless to say, this is only supported so as long you submit bug reports. We have a bug tracker on the engine project page at SourceForge which no one seems to use. The mailing list is tied into the bug tracker as well.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/smokinguns/ for the engine development project page
http://www.smokin-guns.org/downloads/binaries/ is the current and past binary archive, currently hosting as of r201 a Linux binary in addition to Windows until the release, where we will include both into the zip, and most likely make an exe installer as before.
Content discussion is only done here if the artists chose to talk to the community about it. ReD and Pardner are most popular regarding transparency with our fans.
sparcdr
SG Team

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel