With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby mLy! » Thu May 07, 2009 1:22 am

I don't think accuracy should be changed, only damage.

Rifles increase damage, pistol decrease (Colt peacemaker especially)

Oh and shotgun damage decreased, like I said 99 times :p
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Thu May 07, 2009 8:48 am

mLy! wrote:I don't think accuracy should be changed, only damage.

Rifles increase damage, pistol decrease (Colt peacemaker especially)

Oh and shotgun damage decreased, like I said 99 times :p

shotgun seems ok just the damage it does at a distance should go down. pistol damage seems ok. peacemaker maybe a tiny bit too high especially from a distance. but remington is really weak LOL maybe too weak? and um rifles do seem a bit too inaccurate. maybe the crosshairs should just be made more accurate to the shot?
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Ugly » Sat May 09, 2009 6:52 pm

One suggestion from Moody on IRC - how about adding an alternate fire mode for the Winchester and Colt rifles?

The suggestion was to allow the player to squint a bit for a better view - i.e. allow them the use of the zoom function for these two rifles at a lower level than the scoped sharps.

Sounds good to me but it does involve coding rather than just tinkering with the stats. It would be handy for those of us playing on low res monitors too.
Ugly
Pistolero

Postby Redwing » Sat May 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Ugly wrote:One suggestion from Moody on IRC - how about adding an alternate fire mode for the Winchester and Colt rifles?

The suggestion was to allow the player to squint a bit for a better view - i.e. allow them the use of the zoom function for these two rifles at a lower level than the scoped sharps.

Sounds good to me but it does involve coding rather than just tinkering with the stats. It would be handy for those of us playing on low res monitors too.

Good idea. Have the player be able to look down the iron-sights would be nice.
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat May 09, 2009 11:35 pm

Redwing wrote:
Ugly wrote:One suggestion from Moody on IRC - how about adding an alternate fire mode for the Winchester and Colt rifles?

Good idea. Have the player be able to look down the iron-sights would be nice.

that is a good idea. also to make using one pistol more accurate than two we could do the same thing. like looking down the tip of the barrel :) i was talking to El Ejcovero awhile back and thats what he thought would be pretty cool
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Nixito » Mon May 11, 2009 12:58 am

That would be really nice! Especially for those of us who have to have all of the graphics on the lowest settings just to get the game to run! Sometimes it's just not fun to snipe at 3 blurry pixels... :D
Nixito
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon May 11, 2009 5:31 am

I noticed that nobody has addressed the issue of SG not having a model animator? :cry:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Ugly » Mon May 11, 2009 8:55 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I noticed that nobody has addressed the issue of SG not having a model animator? :cry:

The original suggestion was just for the zoom which could be done without the intervention of an animator (although it would be much nice with of course).
Ugly
Pistolero

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon May 11, 2009 11:34 am

Actually, modifying the cg_gunx/guny/gunz parameters you can get to look down the iron-sights of a gun. There'd be no animation of it moving into place, so it'd just be like "boom" and done. But saying it's not out of the question without an animator.

By the way, this talk of weakening the shotguns is kind disturbing if you ask me. Don't you freaks think this game is newbie-unfriendly enough? :lol:
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby mLy! » Mon May 11, 2009 12:02 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I noticed that nobody has addressed the issue of SG not having a model animator? :cry:

Thats not needed imo, for a zoom function all you need to do is unlock the FOV cvar :D
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby moRtem » Mon May 11, 2009 8:30 pm

i out myself as "Moody" from the irc-channel

mLy! wrote:

Thats not needed imo, for a zoom function all you need to do is unlock the FOV cvar :D

indeed -- but please only unlock it as long as you are holding a rifle in your hand and give it a locked value which ain't as low as the one of the sniper-rifle with scope

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue May 12, 2009 4:35 am

moRtem wrote:i out myself as "Moody" from the irc-channel

mLy! wrote:

indeed -- but please only unlock it as long as you are holding a rifle in your hand and give it a locked value which ain't as low as the one of the sniper-rifle with scope

/quit

i think it should be also for when a single pistol is wielded :)
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Kouma » Wed May 13, 2009 1:01 am

Sucalakafufu wrote:i think it should be also for when a single pistol is wielded :)

NO! The pistol secondary fire is fine! You can count the games where you can shoot "fanning" the pistol like that. Theres no cooler way to shoot a pistol than that!

Kouma will blow up anybody who opposites it! :x
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Sucalakafufu » Wed May 13, 2009 2:54 am

Kouma wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:i think it should be also for when a single pistol is wielded :)

NO! The pistol secondary fire is fine! You can count the games where you can shoot "fanning" the pistol like that. Theres no cooler way to shoot a pistol than that!

Kouma will blow up anybody who opposites it! :x

so quickfire is a good enough reason to use one pistol? in some situations yes.. but for long distance more people use two because its much better for that... if you could "squint" with one pistol (not as the secondary fire, maybe another button), then more people would use one pistol to fire over longer distances :)
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Kouma » Wed May 13, 2009 3:45 am

Sucalakafufu wrote:but for long distance more people use two because its much better for that...

I can shoot an ant between your eyebrows with two of them from the other side of map! (just kidding, i cant see very good, thats why i use shotgun)

if you could "squint" with one pistol (not as the secondary fire, maybe another button)

Okay, I wont blow you up then 8)
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

PreviousNext

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel