With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby Lucky Bro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Good topic, mLy!
At least the idea to get all your ideas together in one place to make them easier to find when someone will decide to do some improvements to the game (seems we already have a new coder, so the time is proper).
But I want to ask you to edit your first post in this topic to keep it up-to-date with your current suggestions/doubts. It is not because I'm lazy to read whole topic each time - it's because not everyone is so patient :)
Actually, the best place for such suggestions is bug tracker as well as for bugs, but the community is too small to start to use it.

And actually I don't have much to say about your ideas..
As mine you may take the following one - I would like to see akimo and separate pistols in 3 different gun slots. Like whe I press "1" I get first pistol, "2" I get second and "3" I get akimo mode of both. It will make easier to switch between them to me. At a particualr moment of the game I may have 6(7?) different weapon choices maximum, so I would like to have a key for each.

Hitboxes and hitzones is hard work to fix.. But others (like reducing/increasing cost, rate, firepower) are easy to implement, so keep them up-to-date and soon we may get a fix for them.
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby mLy! » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:13 am

Are we talking about the same game?
If so, I give up...

Sucalakafufu wrote:imo molotovs are VERY useful.. even to kill.. just not in the wide open map as they shouldnt be useful over long distances.. they arent that kind of weapon.. but if someone is hiding or in a tight spot. u can easily kill them through a wall or door even! :)

also the rifles are great! u just need to get used to the crosshairs being a bit off :P
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:18 am

mLy! wrote:Are we talking about the same game?
If so, I give up...

Sucalakafufu wrote:imo molotovs are VERY useful.. even to kill.. just not in the wide open map as they shouldnt be useful over long distances.. they arent that kind of weapon.. but if someone is hiding or in a tight spot. u can easily kill them through a wall or door even! :)

also the rifles are great! u just need to get used to the crosshairs being a bit off :P

lol dont give up!!! :)

same game of course :) and im not really saying molotovs are to be used in every situation. its gotta be in the right one or they wont work :/ like if im hiding in a room, someone can molotov me through the wall if im close enough :P my friend likes to do that sometimes xD

and yah rifles are good imo.. but sometimes hard to use as the crosshairs are off like i said earlier.. like sometimes i need to aim with the top of the crosshair instead of the middle so that i can hit someone... xD
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Nixito » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:02 am

Well! If everyone else is going to throw their opinions on, I'll throw mine in too!

I personally think the hitboxes are *almost* really good. They seem to be fine for me, except for when I'm in a really close-up fight.

I also think the weapons don't have *too* many balance issues. I think the only problem is that two PMs do overshadow the rifles a reasonable amount, though rifles aren't without their merit. I don't see a problem with the weapons damage-wise, but maybe decrease the range that the PMs are effective at? As much as I hate to bring realism into my fantasy world, how far would Peacemakers actually shoot in real life? I very well could be wrong, but I don't think they'd cover nearly as much distance as they do in SG. Maybe if we made pistols in general more realistic in distance, rifles would have more purpose? Unless of course, they really DO actually shoot that far... in which case we probably just need bigger, more open maps where the rifles can actually shine.

And molotovs... they're actually one of my favorite weapons. :D They're my weapon of choice for flushing out campers! I wouldn't mind seeing their damage upped a hair, though. Or maybe make the flames linger on their clothes for a few moments after standing in the fire for a length of time? Actually, I really like that idea. Let's go with that one! Molotovs are tolerable, and do have their uses now... but they definitely could benefit from a bit of juicing up, and still would have a long ways to go from being overpowered.

Also, I really liked the bit someone said about arm shots having a bit more of an effect on you. Maybe slowing your shooting, temporarily ruining your accuracy... maybe a hand shot making you drop your gun? :D ...I actually really don't like that idea now that I said it, but I'll leave it there for the sake of thorough brainstorming.

These are just some thoughts... I find SG quite enjoyable to play the way it is, but it never hurts to find possible alternatives.
Nixito
Drifter

Postby Sucalakafufu » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:19 am

to add to Nixito's suggestion about molotovs

maybe we can have them burn longer and shorter on certain textures?
would it be possible to burn longer on wood then on dirt? and longer on dirt than on stone and metal? :)

Edit: ooooo i just remembered! me and my friend tested out shooting a molotov in a person's hand and it seems that this has no effect.
would it be possible to get this to work so that if i shot a lit molotov in someone's hand, it would burst into flames on top of them? and if it was unlit then it would cover them in the fluid? i think this should be possible because shooting dyno in someone's hand sure works ;)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby dowoshek » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 pm

mLy! wrote:
dowoshek wrote:
3 guns carrying? That'd kill one of the most important rule in the game: "watch and count your bullets, every bullet is precious".

Please, now you can have 2 pistols + rifle = 24 bullets.
My sugestion is 1pistol 1 rifle 1 shotgun = 20 bullets

It's not only about number of bullets. 2 shots from shotgun are incomparable with 2 pistols' bullets.
Also, as sb mentioned - if u can play with any kind of weapon every time - u don't need your mates so much, you're a team on your own and that'd ruin the game even more than my "counting bullets". IMHO, 3 type of guns is a really bad idea. If we need some changes i could only suggest like before: allowing 2 guns of any kind (i.e. 2 rifles without pistols, or a rifle and shotgun without pistols).
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Re: My thoughts about hitboxes and weapons

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 pm

mLy! wrote:-Remove the ability to have 2 pistols

Ban him! How dare he speak of turning a great western game into such an Un-Western game!

sorry couldn't help it :D

as far as the the Pump Shotgun and molotovs, my friend and I were doing a BR map, (it was a Farm or something) he and I covered this tunel with nothing but Pump shotguns and molotovs! it was us 2 vs like 6 guys everytime and we creamed them!
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Previous

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel