With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Team Killers

Postby Sucalakafufu » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:36 am

hey guys,
so basically i would like us to define what a bad Team Kill or TK is.
IMO a bad TK would be someone purposefully killing players on the same team whether its at the start of the round or anytime in the round. I would also consider a bad TK to be someone who buys dynamite or molotovs at the beginning of a round and lights it then runs with his teammates so they all die. it takes away the fun of the game. :) so if anyone else has anything else that they consider a bad TK this is where to discuss it. also if anyone disagrees with my views or then this is where to post ur reasons for disagreeing :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Nixito » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:35 pm

All TKs suck! Some are understandable, though. Accidents do happen... I think the only thing that really bothers me is people who do it on accident ALL the time. Also, the ones where people have to stare at you for a moment before they do it. C'mon dude, you looked at me for a good 5 seconds and STILL didn't know I was on your team? They really bug me. Also people like Kouma, who will switch teams just to TK the other team and is getting banned from both Cops & Robbers and Moonbase next time I see him on. He's the definition of a bad TK. :D
Nixito
Drifter

Postby mLy! » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:40 pm

I once teamkilled my whole team.

I had the spawnbug so I took out my knife asap and knifed the guy
We were on the attacking team so he was carrying dynamite.
Somehow the knifing sets off his dynamite ....

And we were on santa cruz so every one was close together.

And I just joined so I had to start the game with -7 score :O

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8859/46126797.jpg
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:23 am

mLy! wrote:I once teamkilled my whole team.

I had the spawnbug so I took out my knife asap and knifed the guy
We were on the attacking team so he was carrying dynamite.
Somehow the knifing sets off his dynamite ....

Hehe that used to happen whith the old knife bug (used to be able to attack infinitely with the knife thus setting off any tnt the person had). You could kill an entire team instantly at the start of each match because everyone had tnt and everyone was close together!
Pardner
SG Team

Postby TanteTrude » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:15 am

The worst TK in my opinion is a TK for revenge. Last time i accidently killed a team-member in a big shooting where many players were involved. I was concentrated and didn`t notice my fault. After i was dead i read the afflictions from this guy "idiot.....". I offered an excuse, but the only thing he did was that he killed me with knife at the beginning of the next round lol. Thats soooo stupid! He lost a point and weakening the team! Absolutely nonsense! Those are kind of players for which their ego is more important than the success of the team he plays for - hmmmmm :?
TanteTrude
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:40 am

There are only 2 types of TK's. Intentional & accidental. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:07 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:There are only 2 types of TK's. Intentional & accidental. :wink:

agreed :)

some people dont believe that dynamite and molotov TK at the beginning of the round should be called intentional. but i think if someone lights a dynamite and runs with his team and just waits for it to explode knowing it will kill everyone is an intentional TK. so i think dynamite and molotov TKs should be implemented into the code tequila was working on. maybe not in the same way as other TKs but somehow they should at least make the TKer think twice ;)
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:20 am

Sucalakafufu wrote:so i think dynamite and molotov TKs should be implemented into the code tequila was working on.

Maybe we are asking Tequila to do too much extra work & relying on the server to make too many judgements. Let's take a step back for a moment. I think it was mentioned in another thread about the "forgive" system. Anyone who has played Enemy Territory knows about it. That puts complaints OR forgiveness in the hands of the players. If you get TK'ed you are asked by the server to press a key to "forgive" or another key to "complain". Too many complaints = TK'er kicked for an amount of time predetermined by the server admin.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Kouma » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:15 am

Nixito wrote:Also people like Kouma, He's the definition of a bad TK. :D

Love you too, Nix.

I'm the definition of the TK king. Duck you suckers! :wink:
I am Kouma and this is my shotgun. Togheter, we blow your head clean off.
Kouma
Shootist

Postby Nixito » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 am

I'm the definition of the TK king. Duck you suckers! :wink:

Being proud of being a TKer. I put that on par with being proud of being a bigot, a traitor, or a...

Huh. Maybe I should read the SG forum policies on profanity before I finish that statement. ;D

Also, mLy, you are my new hero. :D
Nixito
Drifter

Postby Lucky Bro » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:10 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Maybe we are asking Tequila to do too much extra work & relying on the server to make too many judgements. Let's take a step back for a moment.

Agree. By asking someone to fix something personally we make ourselves very awkward. Because we may get that extra work case and because we become dependable on someones priorities. And what is worse - we don't give a chance to do it to new ones :(
I think it is more polite when we put a request without assignation of it to anyone. And then someone who has time&wish to do so just does so and puts a patch (if his work is already done) or writes that he is doing that particular work.
(hope I wrote this readable and you get me right..)
ReD NeCKersoN wrote:I think it was mentioned in another thread about the "forgive" system. Anyone who has played Enemy Territory knows about it. That puts complaints OR forgiveness in the hands of the players. If you get TK'ed you are asked by the server to press a key to "forgive" or another key to "complain". Too many complaints = TK'er kicked for an amount of time predetermined by the server admin.

I never played Enemy Territory (ET), but.. What is a difference between ET forgive system and usual votes? The guy who got TKed calls a vote and others just vote about kick. I understand that current SG kick voting system has a few bugs, but may be if we would have that system fixed we would have that forgive system too? I mean the same functionality but with other mechanics.
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:36 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:so i think dynamite and molotov TKs should be implemented into the code tequila was working on.

Maybe we are asking Tequila to do too much extra work & relying on the server to make too many judgements. Let's take a step back for a moment. I think it was mentioned in another thread about the "forgive" system. Anyone who has played Enemy Territory knows about it. That puts complaints OR forgiveness in the hands of the players. If you get TK'ed you are asked by the server to press a key to "forgive" or another key to "complain". Too many complaints = TK'er kicked for an amount of time predetermined by the server admin.

true about maybe asking tequila to do too much work. never wanted to impose on him :) i thot he was already implementing a TK system so thats y i thot we should include dynamite and molotov TKs also. which shouldnt be too hard.

either way i agree with you about the the forgive system. i think that might make it a bit more fair. so maybe we could somehow implement that instead :)

btw i havent been able to get the SG source to compile correctly from VS2008. if a dev would be kind enough to make a tutorial on how to do that, i would appreciate it greatly :) i kno it takes time so its just if a dev has the time to do it. thanks in advance to any dev that might do this! :D
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Tequila » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:30 am

:D
Thank you Sucalakafufu to have open that thread.

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:There are only 2 types of TK's. Intentional & accidental. ;)

That's definitively my though. Thanks ReD to give that summary :D

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Maybe we are asking Tequila to do too much extra work & relying on the server to make too many judgements. Let's take a step back for a moment. I think it was mentioned in another thread about the "forgive" system. Anyone who has played Enemy Territory knows about it...

First make me donations and I won't complain I'm doing too much extra work :D
Secondly I agree about ET "forgive" system, we should give it a try.
Thirdly, We effectively can't trust the server to make too many judgements and I don't see any easy and cheap way to have the server decides fairly who is intentionaly doing TK...
Finally, Old West is not a fair country... Even some intentionaly TK can't be blamed... Maybe we can have some visible features showing people who is ugly, bad or good... like in RPG games ! We still can add in code a filter to rename "Kouma" in "Ugly Kouma" :D ...
It seems some TK are really playing a role. The only way to bless them is with your guns in the game... ;)

I'm sure on one thing, we can't blame accidental TK.
Then for intentional TK, there's stupid TK and ugly TK... if I'm a such TK victim, even if I've a big ego, maybe I should just leave the place. But every one should do as he wants... In such a game, where killing and being the best is your goal, that's definitively normal to do wrong things and being victim of wrong things... Finally being wrong is just being different... But I definitively should stop thinking in english, I think I'm really wrong in such job :D
Tequila
SG Team

Postby Lucky Bro » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:38 am

Sucalakafufu wrote:btw i havent been able to get the SG source to compile correctly from VS2008. if a dev would be kind enough to make a tutorial on how to do that, i would appreciate it greatly :) i kno it takes time so its just if a dev has the time to do it. thanks in advance to any dev that might do this! :D

Yeah, that is kinda tricky if you don't aware of SVN and version control systems at all. That is nothing wrong with it, actually :) You don't have to know everything.
You may check this thread - Topic from SVN section of forum.. But that won't help you.
To make your path short, I would recommend to read this link first:
SG SVN
The quote:
SVN (Subversion) is a tool used by many software developers to manage changes within their source code tree. SVN provides the means to store not only the current version of a piece of source code, but a record of all changes (and who made those changes) that have occurred to that source code. Use of SVN is particularly common on projects with multiple developers, since SVN ensures changes made by one developer are not accidentally removed when another developer posts their changes to the source tree.

In order to access a Subversion repository, you must install a special piece of software called a Subversion client. Subversion clients are available for most any operating system. Information about Subversion client software may be found in our document titled Recommended User Software Configuration.
Subversion Access

This project's SourceForge.net Subversion repository can be checked out through SVN with the following instruction set:

svn co https://smokinguns.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... smokinguns smokinguns

Warning
This is a generic Subversion checkout command which will pull all modules, tags and/or branches of the project. Please refer to project home page for specific SVN instructions, or use "Browse Repository" link; in most cases, you will want to add '/trunk' to the HTTPS URL above to check out only trunk (main development line).

Information about accessing this Subversion repository may be found in our document titled "Subversion (Version Control for Source Code)".

Next thing you'll need is SVN client. Use the generic one - TortoiseSVN. Find their official site and take latest free version out there.
Install it & configure.
The next step is checkout.
Create a folder where you wish to keep your SG source code.
Right click on it and choose "SVN checkout" from context menu.
Now you may choose whole SG source code or a part of it to be checked out. By parts I mean the current 1.0 version and 1.1 branch.
Link to whole SG source code:
https://smokinguns.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/smokinguns
To 1.0 trunk:
https://smokinguns.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/smokinguns/trunk
To 1.1 branch:
https://smokinguns.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/smokinguns/branches/1.1
After you have checked out the code you'll have the source code.
When you may read VC build&compilation.
That is all for a good start.

Now, to requests.. If you have any troubles or you just want to help others - create, please, a separate topic in SVN branch of the forum with corresponding name (like "Getting the code from SVN"). And place there your short tutorial (feel free to copy anything written above). That will be a good thing :)

//If he'll really do so, feel free to move this post there as well. Or just remove it from this topic.
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:18 am

thanks lucky bro :) well the problem i had was i wasnt using the right source :P and the problem with my svn was i didnt have the right url :P haha
so now i have the source, the SDKs, and it has finally compiled properly! :D
ill go make a new thread with all of that info later when i have more time :)
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel