With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Monster Browser 0.6 Release

Postby torhu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:02 am

Downloads and links in the sticky thread.

The only big news this time is rcon (remote console). There are some other smaller features too, complete changelog below. :D

Code: Select all
v0.6 - 2009-08-03
-----------------
- New: Remote console (rcon).
- New: When multiple servers are selected, you can place the mouse pointer over a player name to get a tool tip showing the server name.  Double click a player to select the server he's on.
- New: Show the total number of human players for the currently visible servers.
- New: Servers that time out more than three times in a row are automatically removed.
- New: Ability to manually remove servers from the list.
- Change: Set player count to zero for servers that timed out, so they don't show up when filters are enabled.
- Change: Don't ask for a password if one is already set.
- Change: Don't ask for password for a server with reserved slots, can set the password through the right-click menu instead.
- Change: Manually added servers are no longer saved to the *.extra files, only to the master server files.  Servers found in the *.extra files are still queried.
- Change: Don't show passwords when typing them.
- Fix: More responsive in some cases, due to switching to a customized qstat.  Also makes the status bar counter keep getting updated even when lots of servers time out.
- Fix: Servers that timed out were not displayed if their game and mod names differed.
- Fix: Would sometimes crash when switching to another game after changing filters.
- Fix: More robust against errors in settings.ini, in the XML files, and in data received from servers.
- Fix: Would crash if you typed a game name into the combo box that was the last game selected before shutdown, but didn't exist in mods.ini.

I bought a laptop a few days ago, with Vista installed on it, so I'm finally able to test on Vista. And it turns out that the "Games" button in the settings dialog doesn't work on Vista. This isn't new, all previous MB versions probably have the same issue. Go here for a workaround if you need to customize the game settings. I promise I'll fix it properly soon, but I'm leaving town in a few hours, so maybe in a couple of weeks. :)
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:13 pm

More responsive qstat? Can we see some code?
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby torhu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:11 am

Qstat isn't more responsive, MB is. I just added an fflush(stdout) after each server is printed, so MB doesn't have to wait until the buffer is full before it sees the output.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby SmokeyBacon » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks for the release, but I still have a problem: Whenever I check for new servers, about halfway through the process I lose connection. I'm not sure whether this is a problem with MB or just my rubbish internet.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby torhu » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:42 am

Could be your router having digesting problems. Did you try lowering the "number of servers" setting to 10 or 5 or something? That'll make things a bit slower, but the end result will be better. I have it set to 10. If you've just refreshed hundreds of servers, it's a good idea to wait half a minute before doing it again, so the router gets a chance to recover first. :)

Maybe I should lower the default to 10 instead of 20...
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel