With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

A Whole Wagon-full of stuff that should probably be fixed!

Postby dbozan99 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:28 pm

This past week or so I've been taking notes of different bugs and glitches in SG that should probably be fixed eventually. My list also includes some general suggestions for things to do too.

If you see anything on the list that has been fixed for 1.1 please tell me so I can edit the post to show that.

Now for my list in no particular order.....

- No handicaps
- Unlit Molotov juice should stay forever until lit / or new round
- Guns shouldn't disappear until next round in BR/RTP
- Pressing your LastWeapon button should work properly after a new round if you didn't die, otherwise it should default between Remington/knife.
- BR should auto-open the join menu when you first join
- BR should have a "warm-up time" just like DM does to give people time to join.
- The Colt Lightning and the Winchester shotgun make very similar sounds. This can be misleading.
- When you respawn in BR, you magically get a full clip and 6 extra shots for a secondary gun. With pistols you get full clips and 12 extra bullets. I understand the point of this, but you should either give full ammo every round, or not give any ammo whatsoever and leave it up to the players to buy more.
- You can buy boiler plates through binds even if you have one! It takes away $15 but doesn't give any added benefit...
- After throwing all of your dynamites, you should autoswitch to your last used weapon.
- Bots like to buy secondary weapons even if they already have one!
- Fix the 60 Sec. buy bug
- Fix the vote immediately passing bug.
- Everybody should be allowed to vote, but only those who voted should count towards pass or fail.
- Gatling gun + another secondary weapon bug
- Kills should scroll down, not up....
- Suicides should show in the Kills area
- There should be some sort of priority system when trying to pick up a gun on the ground when there are multiple on the ground. For example, if I throw a Remington, I should pick up a Peacemaker-Schofield-Remington in that order.
- The money needs new period textures.
- Buying displays the talk symbol over your head, even though there is a separate picture for buying in the PK3
- Only spectators should be able to talk/hear living AND dead people. The dead should hear the living, but only talk to other dead. Living can only talk/hear living.
- When you get hit with a knife, it should show in the log
- Chat time should depend on cg_chatTime Not just 3 seconds...
- Robbing the bank/picking up the money should not give any extra money to the team/player after the team has already won the round for killing the other team.
- The reloading sound shouldn't play if the player isn't reloading.
- The knife has no wall hit slash decal....why not?
- Hiding behind a tiny step can save you from dynamite

Whew...That was a lot of typing.....
If you have anything to add to the list, or know of anything that has already been fixed for 1.1, please say so. :D
dbozan99
Pistolero

Postby Sucalakafufu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:18 am

dbozan99 wrote:This past week or so I've been taking notes of different bugs and glitches in SG that should probably be fixed eventually. My list also includes some general suggestions for things to do too.

If you see anything on the list that has been fixed for 1.1 please tell me so I can edit the post to show that.

Now for my list in no particular order.....

- No handicaps

i sort of agree. but then wheres the fun when im killing people and want to help my friends out who just joined? handicap helps to even out good and not so good players :)

dbozan99 wrote:- Unlit Molotov juice should stay forever until lit / or new round
sounds good. unless people throw alot of molotovs and lag the server :P (if the server cant take it of course ;))
dbozan99 wrote:- Guns shouldn't disappear until next round in BR/RTP

the only objection i have to this is the same one i have about the molotov juice. it could lag things. just like in games where u can set dead bodies not to dissappear :P
dbozan99 wrote:- Pressing your LastWeapon button should work properly after a new round if you didn't die, otherwise it should default between Remington/knife.
sounds good
dbozan99 wrote:- BR should auto-open the join menu when you first join
sounds good. especially since alot of new players dont understand they must first click join
dbozan99 wrote:- BR should have a "warm-up time" just like DM does to give people time to join.
i think this should be something server admins can implement. (i actually think there might be a way for them to do it already :P)
dbozan99 wrote:- The Colt Lightning and the Winchester shotgun make very similar sounds. This can be misleading.
would it matter which ur opponent had? they are both more of a longer range powerful weapon. the only thing is the shotty can be sort of good at mid-close range

btw i can tell the difference ;)
dbozan99 wrote:- When you respawn in BR, you magically get a full clip and 6 extra shots for a secondary gun. With pistols you get full clips and 12 extra bullets. I understand the point of this, but you should either give full ammo every round, or not give any ammo whatsoever and leave it up to the players to buy more.
actually are you sure you get 12 extra bullets? because i think you only get your guns refilled. as in all of your guns get reloaded and your extra bullets stay the same.... at least thats how mine is i think
dbozan99 wrote:- You can buy boiler plates through binds even if you have one! It takes away $15 but doesn't give any added benefit...
i think the added benefit would be if your boiler is already damaged... although it would then be nice to have a boiler health bar or something
dbozan99 wrote:- After throwing all of your dynamites, you should autoswitch to your last used weapon.
true... o very true ;)
dbozan99 wrote:- Bots like to buy secondary weapons even if they already have one!
yah its not that smart lol.. although it can help you if you have no secondary yet ;)
dbozan99 wrote:- Fix the 60 Sec. buy bug
you mean the time limit on buying? or the bug that says 60 seconds have gone by when you just respawned? i think you mean the latter and i would hope that is being fixed or is already fixed
dbozan99 wrote:- Fix the vote immediately passing bug.
agreed... noobs have kicked me because of this :(
dbozan99 wrote:- Everybody should be allowed to vote, but only those who voted should count towards pass or fail.
i agree
dbozan99 wrote:- Gatling gun + another secondary weapon bug
do u mean when you cant get on a gattling gun while holding a secondary weapon?
dbozan99 wrote:- Kills should scroll down, not up....
what do u mean by this?
dbozan99 wrote:- Suicides should show in the Kills area
as in they should get kills for dying? or the person shooting at them should get a kill?
people who suicide already get negative kills
dbozan99 wrote:- There should be some sort of priority system when trying to pick up a gun on the ground when there are multiple on the ground. For example, if I throw a Remington, I should pick up a Peacemaker-Schofield-Remington in that order.
o but what if i wanted to pick up that remington? its alot better IMO that the player gets to chose what he wants to pick up. as in look on the ground and be over the gun u want :) or just throw away twice... it doesnt seem too hard
dbozan99 wrote:- Buying displays the talk symbol over your head, even though there is a separate picture for buying in the PK3
interesting i didnt know there was a different pic
dbozan99 wrote:- Only spectators should be able to talk/hear living AND dead people. The dead should hear the living, but only talk to other dead. Living can only talk/hear living.
well this is good and bad.

good: because then flies cant tell others where you are
bad: because then friends cant chat with each other if one is dead and the other alive

the solution: the server admin can turn off spectating as flies. which means dead can only spectate their own team... problem solved in my opinion
dbozan99 wrote:- When you get hit with a knife, it should show in the log
i would really really like this as well... also it would be EXTRA COOL if it showed what part you hit with a knife xD (i also think a headshot with a knife SHOULD kill a man :|)
dbozan99 wrote:- Robbing the bank/picking up the money should not give any extra money to the team/player after the team has already won the round for killing the other team.
i think its quite realistic to gain money from robbing or picking up the cash even if you already won.. you dont get much for winning in the first place and picking up money should give you money right? also robbing should give you money either way right? it just seems logical :P
dbozan99 wrote:- The reloading sound shouldn't play if the player isn't reloading.
you mean like when you cancel reloading with a quick switch? lol yes this is a funny bug :P
dbozan99 wrote:- The knife has no wall hit slash decal....why not?
no idea but it would be cool :D
dbozan99 wrote:- Hiding behind a tiny step can save you from dynamite
from what i heard dynamite has always been kind of glitchy. ive seen worse glitches with dynamite than hiding behind a step. ive thrown dyna on a person and he didnt die :(
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby dbozan99 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Wow, I like that you took the time to comment on everything :)
But here are some of my responses to your comments ;)

Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- No handicaps

i sort of agree. but then wheres the fun when im killing people and want to help my friends out who just joined? handicap helps to even out good and not so good players :)

Well, you do have a point, but generally speaking, the handicap tends to get used accidentally by new players who think they will get +5 extra health or whatever. Perhaps instead of removing it completely, it could be allowed by a server variable which was off by default. Off meaning that it would ignore handicaps.
Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- Unlit Molotov juice should stay forever until lit / or new round
sounds good. unless people throw alot of molotovs and lag the server :P (if the server cant take it of course ;))
dbozan99 wrote:- Guns shouldn't disappear until next round in BR/RTP

the only objection i have to this is the same one i have about the molotov juice. it could lag things. just like in games where u can set dead bodies not to dissappear :P

I know that these could potentially lag the servers, but I think it should at least be given a test run to see how much of a performance loss it really is. And again, server variables could help here too.

Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- You can buy boiler plates through binds even if you have one! It takes away $15 but doesn't give any added benefit...
i think the added benefit would be if your boiler is already damaged... although it would then be nice to have a boiler health bar or something

You would think that, but no. It just takes away $15 and doesn't do a thing. I too would like some sort of "boiler plate health bar" but instead of numbers, how about if the picture of your boiler plate changed from perfect to a few bullet dents to "barely hanging together"....kinda thing.

Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- Bots like to buy secondary weapons even if they already have one!
yah its not that smart lol.. although it can help you if you have no secondary yet ;)

yes, but that's kind of cheap because real people will almost never do this...
Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- Fix the 60 Sec. buy bug
you mean the time limit on buying? or the bug that says 60 seconds have gone by when you just respawned? i think you mean the latter and i would hope that is being fixed or is already fixed

yes, the latter

Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- Gatling gun + another secondary weapon bug
do u mean when you cant get on a Gatling gun while holding a secondary weapon?

No, If you have a secondary weapon, and get on a mounted Gatling and are still on it when the round ends, you will be carrying the Gatling gun and your secondary weapon.
Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- Kills should scroll down, not up....
what do u mean by this?

In the top right, when somebody gets a kill, it shows up at the top and the other names get pushed down...This just seems very strange when we are used to reading things from the top down. They should show up at the bottom of the list and the ones at the top should go away if the list is too long.
Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- Suicides should show in the Kills area
as in they should get kills for dying? or the person shooting at them should get a kill?
people who suicide already get negative kills

No, I meant that in the top right, there should be a picture when people suicide. For example if I were to kill myself with dynamite, there should be a picture of dynamite, then my name.
Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- There should be some sort of priority system when trying to pick up a gun on the ground when there are multiple on the ground. For example, if I throw a Remington, I should pick up a Peacemaker-Schofield-Remington in that order.
o but what if i wanted to pick up that remington? its alot better IMO that the player gets to chose what he wants to pick up. as in look on the ground and be over the gun u want :) or just throw away twice... it doesnt seem too hard

You actually prefer the Remington?? OK, that's your choice but I'm sure most people would prefer a Schofield or a Peacemaker. And no, it isn't hard, it's just time consuming and annoying, especially if somebody is shooting at you.

Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- Only spectators should be able to talk/hear living AND dead people. The dead should hear the living, but only talk to other dead. Living can only talk/hear living.
well this is good and bad.

good: because then flies cant tell others where you are
bad: because then friends cant chat with each other if one is dead and the other alive

the solution: the server admin can turn off spectating as flies. which means dead can only spectate their own team... problem solved in my opinion

How is that problem solved? If the dead can talk to the living, you can TELL them where to go, you don't need to show them with the fly.....
Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- When you get hit with a knife, it should show in the log
i would really really like this as well... also it would be EXTRA COOL if it showed what part you hit with a knife xD (i also think a headshot with a knife SHOULD kill a man :|)

Headshot with knife should NEVER be a one hit kill. If you want to know why, ask people who've played CS since 1.3ish, It's tremendously annoying.
Sucalakafufu wrote:
dbozan99 wrote:- Robbing the bank/picking up the money should not give any extra money to the team/player after the team has already won the round for killing the other team.
i think its quite realistic to gain money from robbing or picking up the cash even if you already won.. you dont get much for winning in the first place and picking up money should give you money right? also robbing should give you money either way right? it just seems logical :P

well if you've already won, you've gotten your money already....If you rob the bank then, it's like winning twice in one round. That's not fair for the other team.

dbozan99
Pistolero

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:08 am

your very welcome :D
well i started responding from the bottom of your post so thats how the comments will be this time xD

dbozan99 wrote:well if you've already won, you've gotten your money already....If you rob the bank then, it's like winning twice in one round. That's not fair for the other team.

well the amount you get from just winning the round is alot less then robbing the bank :( and robbing after winning the round doesnt give quite as much as just robbing. so i think it evens out :)

dbozan99 wrote:How is that problem solved? If the dead can talk to the living, you can TELL them where to go, you don't need to show them with the fly.....

problem solved in that the dead person cant see the other team. only where their team members are. so the dead person cant go spy on the other teams whereabouts. so even telling their team where to go wont help them really. i never meant the fly would show the teammate where to go :D

dbozan99 wrote:Headshot with knife should NEVER be a one hit kill. If you want to know why, ask people who've played CS since 1.3ish, It's tremendously annoying

ic. well its like very very hard to get a headshot with a knife in SG... maybe take down health by 90?

dbozan99 wrote:You actually prefer the Remington?? OK, that's your choice but I'm sure most people would prefer a Schofield or a Peacemaker. And no, it isn't hard, it's just time consuming and annoying, especially if somebody is shooting at you.

there are rare cases in which i would rather have a remington than a peacemaker. for example: i have a remington and a peacemaker and there are many enemies. i kill an enemy. he has a remington and a peacemaker. i would like the remington because there are too many enemies to be reloading two peacemakers.

also its kind of easy to pick weapons even with someone shooting at you once you get used to recognizing weapons and using ur drop button. well i should say it can get easier. because its not really that hard on me but it could be harder for other people....

dbozan99 wrote:No, I meant that in the top right, there should be a picture when people suicide. For example if I were to kill myself with dynamite, there should be a picture of dynamite, then my name.

you mean in addition to the text saying: "Person has played with matches" or "Person has had an accident"

or do you mean add one of those suicide sayings for dynamite? or just add a picture of what you killed with? :P

the rest of your posts i mostly agree with :P
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Caseus » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:58 pm

there are rare cases in which i would rather have a remington than a peacemaker. for example: i have a remington and a peacemaker and there are many enemies. i kill an enemy. he has a remington and a peacemaker. i would like the remington because there are too many enemies to be reloading two peacemakers.

Out of ammo in your peacies and no time to reload? Thats what the knife is for!
Caseus
Newcomer

Postby SmokeyBacon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:23 am

Caseus wrote:

Out of ammo in your peacies and no time to reload? Thats what the knife is for!

I do prefer buying a schofield and a peacemaker at the start to make reloading easier, but when I see a peacie on the ground I usually cant resist taking it!
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel