With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Teamspeak 3 is HERE!!!!

Postby dbozan99 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:06 am

http://www.teamspeak.com/

I don't know who runs the server, but it's time to upgrade!!
dbozan99
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:55 am

:D
And it seems they provides a strong SDK for game support... Maybe you'll find TS3 support in a future Smokin'Guns release ;)
Thanks for the trigger
Tequila
SG Team

Postby dbozan99 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:57 am

I don't think the SDK is free though :(
dbozan99
Pistolero

Postby Tequila » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:32 am

SDK is provided with some good libraries for client and server parts. Win32, win64, Mac, linux x86, linux x86_64 and even freebsd (only server library is available for freebsd) seems to be supported by Teamspeak...

About the server part, there are few limitations if you don't own a license:
If no license key is present, the server will run with the following limitations:
• Only one server process per machine
• Only one virtual server per process
• Only 32 slots

In my point of view, this provides the availability to run one dedicated server (I mean a modified one embedding TeamSpeak support) for free and this is fairly enough for Smokin'Guns or ioQuake3 engine.

Btw as I'm definitively not easy with english language I'm really not sure about what we can do if we include TS3 server in the dedicated server. Maybe some else can take a look at the current available SDK archive: Go on the TeamSpeak site, get the "Client/Server SDK 3.0.0-beta1 (for integration with existing products/services)" download, then check LICENSING files and server.pdf documentation (containing the license agreement).
So I'm even not sure what to do with engine sources supporting TeamSpeak server.

Btw don't dream, TeamSpeak & Smokin'Guns won't be married unless we have enough time to look at it.
8)
Tequila
SG Team

Postby /dev/random » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Why do we need Teamspeak when ioQuake has integrated VoIP and Mumble link support?
/dev/random
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Tequila » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:38 pm

This is only a discussion, but I'm not sure integrated VoIP is very good and mumble link support is limited. TeamSpeak is popular and may be more reliable...

Supporting popular tool is always a good feature.

I was just telling it seems possible.
Tequila
SG Team

Postby SmokeyBacon » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:25 pm

From my beta experience, the VOIP is still a little rough, I find the quality is much worse than Teamspeak or Mumble. VOIP may be useful for some fun on public servers, but I would use TS/Mumble for clan wars and general ingame chatting.
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:50 am

SmokeyBacon wrote:From my beta experience, the VOIP is still a little rough, I find the quality is much worse than Teamspeak or Mumble. VOIP may be useful for some fun on public servers, but I would use TS/Mumble for clan wars and general ingame chatting.

i agree with Smokey... although i couldn't even get SG to recognize my laptop's built in mic :(
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel