With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

What map should this film project be set on?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Backwater
12%
Hang'em High
24%
No Name City
8%
Santa Fe Express
48%
Farm
8%

Total votes : 25

Film A Movie In A Day Project - Part 1

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Hey everybody! As some of you hopefully know, I am the SG Movie Guy around these parts and I've been trying to get another film project put together for...well...months. I had some ideas, did some storyboards, but the stories just weren't panning out and the plans were too big. Real stylized, all custom maps, custom skins, all that crap. Too many bells 'n' whistles without just making something fun.

So instead, I've decided to do a small side project (I'm in the middle of planning my first feature length indie film), which is basically as it says: we film a movie, or at least a scene, in one day, and then that's it. We film it, I edit it, the movie's done. We use all existing materials and maps from the actual game and just have lotsa fun!!! :lol: Believe me, compared to the amount of work the other way was going to be, this is a lot more enjoyable for everyone involved. :)

So here's what we have here, Part 1. I call this part 1 because either it's going to be the first of a series of films (who the hell knows at this point) and also because this is phase 1: if we're using the existing game maps and characters, what's the location?

As you can see, the above poll asks you the question...WHERE are we setting this here movie? I've chosen a list of maps I'd like to use, but it's hard to choose specifically sometimes, so I wanted to get some assistance in narrowing it down.

I'll give this a little over 24 hours, maybe 36, to get an answer. I won't be taking recommendations not from the list simply because I can't think of a scenario on most of the other maps (or in Coyote Bluff's case, it's too moody, requiring a more precise staging/choreography style). I'm going for a location that has a lot of variety in its style and flavor.

The main thing to remember is that this movie has to be done IN A DAY. If we don't finish the shoot in a 3-5 hour shooting day, welp, better luck next time! The only way we go for a second day is if over 75% of the film is filmed.

In any case, hopefully this gets some interested folks. I know people have been wanting to see another SG film since The Final Gunfight is old as hell. If you wanna be a outlaw in a movie, here's your chance! :D
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby SmokeyBacon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:33 pm

This sounds fantastic! I'd be willing to help out but my time zone may be a bit restrictive. But by all means call on me if you need someone! :D
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Of course I'll help if possible! :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Since the love for dm_train is pretty strong, next up is figuring out the details of the scenario. I have some visuals and concepts already in mind for the map, now it's about developing the idea.

No poll this time, but here's some possibilities:

#1. Train Robbery
#2. Kill the V.I.P. (bounty hunters going after a mark)
#3. Stealing The Train (two teams gunning for control of the engine)
#4. Kill The Robbers (a gunslinger finds himself in the middle of a robbery - a mix of Train Robbery and Kill The V.I.P.)

If anyone has a particular favorite out of that list, just post a reply. :)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Twig » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:04 pm

my opinion is #2 or #4. Maybe #4 makes for a better movie :)
SG name: mS//Twig
Twig
Pistolero

Postby Sucalakafufu » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:27 pm

#1 is pretty classic. but all of them are good :) so probably one of the others since #1 has been done before? :D
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby EvilFutsin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:05 pm

#4 is what I'm leaning towards because I'm figuring out how to make it work in my head. Plus it gives us the train robbery, which we all know is FUN ON A BUN! :D

Figured since this is gonna feel more communal than my usual projects, I also oughta share what'll probably be the music for the opening titles/train attack:

This would just be for part of the flick of course. ;)

Now what day of next week would people be up for? Timezones? Anybody?
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby BlackMagicSS » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey I'll love to help out. Or be an Outlaw. Or whatever. So let me know. :)
thanks
BlackMagicSS
Drifter

Postby -]DES[- Player_3 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:37 pm

no clue if I will be able to make it, but would be awesome to be a part of it. :D

I'll keep a close whatch on the forums and jump ingame when the time is set.

one questoin though, what version of SG would you do this in? 1.0 or one of the 1.1 betas?
-]DES[- Player_3
Quick Draw

Postby EvilFutsin » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:56 pm

It sounds like we're gonna use the most-recent 1.1 beta because it has those video capabilities we may end up using. Plus, the dm_train glitches are fixed!
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel